Veritas - Veritas

This is a discussion on Veritas - Veritas ; Does anyone Know if Backup Exec IDR really works? I have been having trouble setting up IDR with an Onstream SC-50 and Veritas Backup Exec 7.3...

  1. Veritas

    Does anyone Know if Backup Exec IDR really works?
    I have been having trouble setting up IDR with an Onstream SC-50
    and Veritas Backup Exec 7.3

  2. Re: Veritas

    I've tested IDR with mixed results.

    Environment:
    NW 5.0 SP4
    Multi server tree
    Backup Exec Enterprise (Multi server editon)

    Successes:
    I successfully recovered a single server with different disks and SCSI card.

    Pitfalls:
    If we have a catastrophic disaster that destroys all our servers IDR will
    not restore NDS for a server within a multi-server tree. It must be able
    to see another NDS replica server to copy NDS across the wire.

    Solution: The IDR program needs to make copy of the multi server NDS to the
    IDR disk(s) and provide an option to restore that copy of NDS from disk.

    "David Goranson" wrote:

    >Does anyone Know if Backup Exec IDR really works?
    >I have been having trouble setting up IDR with an Onstream SC-50
    >and Veritas Backup Exec 7.3

  3. Re: Veritas

    I have successfully tested BE 8.0 with IDR on a Windows 2000 server machine.
    The only pitfall is that I had to make the server part of the domain before
    IDR would work. Otherwise seemed very successfull. Still going through
    testing though. Next big hurdle with be restoring exchange.

    --
    Mike Linkey -- MCSE
    Illinois Commerce Commission

    Randall Dixon wrote in message

    > I've tested IDR with mixed results.
    >
    > Environment:
    > NW 5.0 SP4
    > Multi server tree
    > Backup Exec Enterprise (Multi server editon)
    >
    > Successes:
    > I successfully recovered a single server with different disks and SCSI

    card.

    > Pitfalls:
    > If we have a catastrophic disaster that destroys all our servers IDR will
    > not restore NDS for a server within a multi-server tree. It must be able
    > to see another NDS replica server to copy NDS across the wire.
    >
    > Solution: The IDR program needs to make copy of the multi server NDS to

    the
    > IDR disk(s) and provide an option to restore that copy of NDS from disk.
    >

    > "David Goranson" wrote:
    > >
    > >Does anyone Know if Backup Exec IDR really works?
    > >I have been having trouble setting up IDR with an Onstream SC-50
    > >and Veritas Backup Exec 7.3

+ Reply to Thread