CD writer problem - Veritas

This is a discussion on CD writer problem - Veritas ; Well, I went and bought something finally over the internet, and guess what. It is giving me fits! I have a HP 6660C computer, brand new. It came with an adaptec cd writer plus 800 series. This is my problem. ...

  1. CD writer problem

    Well, I went and bought something finally over the internet, and guess
    what. It is giving me fits! I have a HP 6660C computer, brand new.
    It came with an adaptec cd writer plus 800 series. This is my problem.

    I get both of the startup disks done, and then it asks for a clean cd in
    my cd writer. Well I give it to them, then it comes back and says that
    adaptec is using my disk then you hit ok, and it is gone. No retry,
    no abort, no go and find the problem, then come back. It just
    disappears to have to go thru the whole dance again. What am I
    missing? Is it a driver, or is there some kind of trick to get it to
    use my writer? Oh please, please, help me if you can. I really resent
    the fact that Veritas is un willing to help me unless I pay 5 times the
    price of their software for it. Maybe I should cancel my Credit card.
    .......Windy

  2. Re: CD writer problem

    windy wrote:
    >Well, I went and bought something finally over the internet, and guess
    >what. It is giving me fits! I have a HP 6660C computer, brand new.
    >It came with an adaptec cd writer plus 800 series. This is my problem.
    >
    >I get both of the startup disks done, and then it asks for a clean cd in
    >my cd writer. Well I give it to them, then it comes back and says that
    >adaptec is using my disk then you hit ok, and it is gone. No retry,
    >no abort, no go and find the problem, then come back. It just
    >disappears to have to go thru the whole dance again. What am I
    >missing? Is it a driver, or is there some kind of trick to get it to
    >use my writer? Oh please, please, help me if you can. I really resent
    >the fact that Veritas is un willing to help me unless I pay 5 times the
    >price of their software for it. Maybe I should cancel my Credit card.
    >.......Windy

    the problem is you have directcd st to load on boot up. directcd is SOOOO
    invasive it grabs the burner and doesn't allow other apps to always access
    the burner, if you end task on directcd or stop it from loading on boot you
    will probably have success

+ Reply to Thread