iso disk image - Veritas

This is a discussion on iso disk image - Veritas ; Greetings, I use Backup Exec. 7.3 SBS version. I would like to create a bootable cd for recovery. Using IDR, I created an ISO disk image. Two files are created, these are 1) servername.iso and 2) txtsetup.sif. The CDR drive ...

  1. iso disk image

    Greetings,

    I use Backup Exec. 7.3 SBS version. I would like to create a bootable cd for
    recovery.

    Using IDR, I created an ISO disk image. Two files are created, these are 1)
    servername.iso and 2) txtsetup.sif.

    The CDR drive in in another PC, so I move these two files over there. Using
    Adaptec Easy CD Creator, I select 'create cd from disk image', and select
    the servername.iso.

    The disk burn is successful, but I don't get a bootable disk. I get
    cdrom_s.40 and setup.exe (which is the SBS setup file of CD1), and the i386
    directory. (perhaps I should insert the SBS boot diskette instead of CD1?,
    when prompted)

    Missing are the txtsetup.sif file, and the boot files. Additionally, I
    (mis?)understood that a .dr file would also be created with the .iso image.

    I thought the .iso file (being a disk image file) would contain everything,
    including all files required and format information for the disk burn.

    What steps am I missing in order to create a bootable cd from IDR?

    Thanks, and best regards,
    Les Connor

  2. Re: iso disk image

    I can't help much because I'm on NT4. All I can say is that you appear to
    have done everything right - for NT4. The ISO file should contain everything
    you need. You are probably right to investigate the differences between NT4
    and SBS. 'Just thought you'd like to know that your procedure looks OK.

    Ken McNulty

  3. Re: iso disk image

    Hey Ken -

    "The CDR drive in in another PC, so I move these two files over there. Using

    Adaptec Easy CD Creator, I select 'create cd from disk image', and select
    the servername.iso.

    The disk burn is successful, but I don't get a bootable disk. I get
    cdrom_s.40 and setup.exe (which is the SBS setup file of CD1), and the i386
    directory. (perhaps I should insert the SBS boot diskette instead of CD1?,
    when prompted)"

    I'm having the same problem, I get the cdrom_s.40 and an I386 directory when
    I create my CD from the iso image. Running BENT 8.0 Bld. 3311. Any ideas on
    why the procedure is not working? Thanks for the help.

    --
    Matt Bazan
    Network Engineer

+ Reply to Thread