IDR and OBDR in NT4 Server - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR and OBDR in NT4 Server - Veritas ; Hello! I wanted to test IDR on the HP Dat40 internal Drive with One-Button-Disaster-Recovery. For this I created the boot-Image with Veritas IDR and made a backup of c: (overwrite mode). After booting, my Tape drive was viewed as bootable ...

  1. IDR and OBDR in NT4 Server

    Hello!

    I wanted to test IDR on the HP Dat40 internal Drive with One-Button-Disaster-Recovery.
    For this I created the boot-Image with Veritas IDR and made a backup of c:
    (overwrite mode).
    After booting, my Tape drive was viewed as bootable CD-ROM and I could start
    the Installation procedure with Enter.
    After pressing Enter, NT wanted to check the Hardware-Configuration (black
    screen with white text) but did not continue. Why is this so?

    My DAT-Device is connected to an Adaptec 2940AU, the Harddrives are connected
    to a AIC-7890 onboard.

    Please help,

    thanx,

    Christian Holtz

  2. Re: IDR and OBDR in NT4 Server

    Did you resolve this issue? I am going to get a HP DAT40i OBDR TBU and an
    Adaptec 29160 controller. I am using BE for Win2K Server and IDR software.
    If you could write back, I would appreciate it.

    Michael A. McKenney
    mckennma@ix.netcom.com

    Christian Holtz wrote in message <38b13603@hronntp01.>...

    >Hello!
    >
    >I wanted to test IDR on the HP Dat40 internal Drive with

    One-Button-Disaster-Recovery.
    >For this I created the boot-Image with Veritas IDR and made a backup of c:
    >(overwrite mode).
    >After booting, my Tape drive was viewed as bootable CD-ROM and I could

    start
    >the Installation procedure with Enter.
    >After pressing Enter, NT wanted to check the Hardware-Configuration (black
    >screen with white text) but did not continue. Why is this so?
    >
    >My DAT-Device is connected to an Adaptec 2940AU, the Harddrives are

    connected
    >to a AIC-7890 onboard.
    >
    >Please help,
    >
    >thanx,