best way to restore exchange 5.5? - Veritas

This is a discussion on best way to restore exchange 5.5? - Veritas ; I must admit to being confused about how to restore windows exchange 5.5 from BENT 7.3. I've read information which says that just restore and reboot to use the eseutil and ipinteg utilities, to creating a secondary exchange server and ...

  1. best way to restore exchange 5.5?

    I must admit to being confused about how to restore windows exchange 5.5

    from BENT 7.3. I've read information which says that just restore and
    reboot to use the eseutil and ipinteg utilities, to creating a secondary

    exchange server and copy the various pub files.

    What is the proper, best, and easiest way to restore exchange from BENT
    tape backup. I can not find any definitive information. Any links to
    processes are appreciated. I need your help because sooner or later I
    will need to do it.

    TIA

  2. Re: best way to restore exchange 5.5?

    I am looking for exactly the same thing. Have you come across any useful
    information?

    Thanks.

    Ken.

  3. Re: best way to restore exchange 5.5?

    There is a good technet article that tells you how to recover an exchange
    database. You have to modify them a little to restore the IS from the BE
    tapes. Have done this in the past with other products, and works just fine.

    --
    Mike Linkey -- MCSE
    Illinois Commerce Commission
    Kenneth Wong wrote in message

    > I am looking for exactly the same thing. Have you come across any useful
    > information?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ken.

+ Reply to Thread