Re: NTFS Errors on IDR recovery - Veritas

This is a discussion on Re: NTFS Errors on IDR recovery - Veritas ; If I read your post correctly you setup an NTFS partition using the IDR setup. I am also testing the IDR and ran into the same problem. I created the 3 NT disks and the IDR disk for a test ...

  1. Re: NTFS Errors on IDR recovery

    If I read your post correctly you setup an NTFS partition using the IDR
    setup.
    I am also testing the IDR and ran into the same problem.

    I created the 3 NT disks and the IDR disk for a test server using the
    IDR
    wizard. Then at the test server I used these diskettes to do an express
    install
    of Windows NT. It will detect if there is an NT partition or not. If
    there
    is not it will create one for you and you will be asked if it should be
    Fat
    or NTFS. If you select NTFS you will get the error you described later
    in
    the recovery proceedure. If you select FAT and continue, NT will
    complete
    the setup and reboot. It will reboot in recovery mode and you will be
    asked
    for the IDR disk. Then you will get a screen that says your partition
    information
    is not the same as what was retieved from the IDR disk. On the right
    hand
    side of the screen is the partition information retrieved from the IDR
    disk.
    You then have an opportunity to replace the partition information using
    this
    information. If the initial partition you created was NTFS you will get
    the
    message you talked about, if the initial partition is FAT you will be
    able
    to replace the partition information by clicking next or OK or whatever
    it
    is.

    Hope this helps.

    "Marc" wrote:

    >I am currently running BENT 7.3 rev.2575 with the IDR module.
    >I have been testing the recovery procees on a Windows NT Server.
    >
    >The problem I am experiencing is when I try to restore the system I

    would
    >like to restore the orginal drive partions and letters. I run into a

    problem
    >that states that IDR cannot restore to a NTFS drive and I have been

    unable
    >to restore the drives correctly without using the Disk Administrator to

    reassign
    >the drive letters the way I need them to be.
    >
    >I thought that this version of software was written for NT, If so then

    why
    >all the problems with NTFS.
    >
    >Please help
    >Marc

  2. Re: NTFS Errors on IDR recovery

    Yes, but the question is WHY ? I have difficulty getting my head around
    having to say a partition is FAT when I know I want it to be NTFS.

    Ken McNulty

+ Reply to Thread