IDR Error 32 - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR Error 32 - Veritas ; Hi, I'm getting the following error message when running my backups : Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information to alternate data path \\CLIFTON-BACKUP\C$\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\IDR\Data\. Error: 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being ...

  1. IDR Error 32

    Hi,

    I'm getting the following error message when running my backups :

    Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery
    information
    to alternate data path \\CLIFTON-BACKUP\C$\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
    Exec\NT\IDR\Data\.
    Error: 32
    The process cannot access the file because
    it is being used by another process.

    Any ideas ?

    Charlie

  2. Re: IDR Error 32

    And you are the other process ! It's to do with the alternate system DR
    file. If you don't want one, it insists on making the original, both the
    original and the alternate, so it's trying to copy to itself. I intend
    looking deeper into this and raising a whinge, but so far I haven't got
    around to it.

    Perhaps you'd like to check out the Tech Forum and post whatever you find
    here.

    Ken Mcnulty

+ Reply to Thread