NTFS Errors on IDR recovery - Veritas

This is a discussion on NTFS Errors on IDR recovery - Veritas ; I am currently running BENT 7.3 rev.2575 with the IDR module. I have been testing the recovery procees on a Windows NT Server. The problem I am experiencing is when I try to restore the system I would like to ...

  1. NTFS Errors on IDR recovery

    I am currently running BENT 7.3 rev.2575 with the IDR module.
    I have been testing the recovery procees on a Windows NT Server.

    The problem I am experiencing is when I try to restore the system I would
    like to restore the orginal drive partions and letters. I run into a problem
    that states that IDR cannot restore to a NTFS drive and I have been unable
    to restore the drives correctly without using the Disk Administrator to reassign
    the drive letters the way I need them to be.

    I thought that this version of software was written for NT, If so then why
    all the problems with NTFS.

    Please help
    Marc

  2. Re: NTFS Errors on IDR recovery

    If I read your post correctly you setup an NTFS partition using the IDR setup.
    I am also testing the IDR and ran into the same problem.

    I created the 3 NT disks and the IDR disk for a test server using the IDR
    wizard. Then at the test server I used these diskettes to do an express install
    of Windows NT. It will detect if there is an NT partition or not. If there
    is not it will create one for you and you will be asked if it should be Fat
    or NTFS. If you select NTFS you will get the error you described later in
    the recovery proceedure. If you select FAT and continue, NT will complete
    the setup and reboot. It will reboot in recovery mode and you will be asked
    for the IDR disk. Then you will get a screen that says your partition information
    is not the same as what was retieved from the IDR disk. On the right hand
    side of the screen is the partition information retrieved from the IDR disk.
    You then have an opportunity to replace the partition information using this
    information. If the initial partition you created was NTFS you will get the
    message you talked about, if the initial partition is FAT you will be able
    to replace the partition information by clicking next or OK or whatever it
    is.

    Hope this helps.

    "Marc" wrote:

    >I am currently running BENT 7.3 rev.2575 with the IDR module.
    >I have been testing the recovery procees on a Windows NT Server.
    >
    >The problem I am experiencing is when I try to restore the system I would
    >like to restore the orginal drive partions and letters. I run into a problem
    >that states that IDR cannot restore to a NTFS drive and I have been unable
    >to restore the drives correctly without using the Disk Administrator to

    reassign
    >the drive letters the way I need them to be.
    >
    >I thought that this version of software was written for NT, If so then why
    >all the problems with NTFS.
    >
    >Please help
    >Marc

+ Reply to Thread