IDR and SQL 6.5 did not restore - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR and SQL 6.5 did not restore - Veritas ; I have a situation where SQL will not restore via IDR. It is on a Compaq 1600 with DH controller. I am running BENT 7.3 with SQL agent and IDR agent. Everything seemed to restore, except for SQL. The documentation ...

  1. IDR and SQL 6.5 did not restore

    I have a situation where SQL will not restore via IDR. It is on a Compaq
    1600 with DH controller. I am running BENT 7.3 with SQL agent and IDR agent.
    Everything seemed to restore, except for SQL. The documentation says after
    the Recovery process to start SQL and rebuild the Master database. SQL will
    not load because the master.bd, tempdb, etc are nowhere to be found. Help!

    jerry@networks-inc.com

  2. Re: IDR and SQL 6.5 did not restore

    Jerry, I am having the same problems with SQL 7.0 If you have any more information
    could you please let me know.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    >I have a situation where SQL will not restore via IDR. It is on a Compaq
    >1600 with DH controller. I am running BENT 7.3 with SQL agent and IDR agent.
    >Everything seemed to restore, except for SQL. The documentation says after
    >the Recovery process to start SQL and rebuild the Master database. SQL

    will
    >not load because the master.bd, tempdb, etc are nowhere to be found. Help!
    >
    >jerry@networks-inc.com

  3. Re: IDR and SQL 6.5 did not restore

    Try a reboot. I have a feeling that a reboot is expected as of the procedure
    and that the recovery process will continue once the system is back up.

    Ken McNulty

+ Reply to Thread