Disaster Recovery Does Not Work !! - Veritas

This is a discussion on Disaster Recovery Does Not Work !! - Veritas ; M/B - ASUS P2BS w/ Adaptec U2W chipset on board. Tape - Seagage ST8000N SCSI Internal Software - B/U Exec v4.0 (OEM) Build SRS 210850A Problem: 1. Created Recovery Diskettes EXACTLY as per instructions 2. Rebooted computer to test as ...

  1. Disaster Recovery Does Not Work !!

    M/B - ASUS P2BS w/ Adaptec U2W chipset on board.
    Tape - Seagage ST8000N SCSI Internal
    Software - B/U Exec v4.0 (OEM) Build SRS 210850A

    Problem:
    1. Created Recovery Diskettes EXACTLY as per instructions
    2. Rebooted computer to test as per instructions.
    3. Typed in RECOVER at the A: Prompt
    4. Error: ASPI MANAGER SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED
    Error: PROBLEM CONFIGURING DEVICE
    Error: DEVICE NOT FOUND

    Only way to recover was to reload Win98 and B/U Exec and restore
    with OVERWRITE after which all worked just fine.

    What's the problem/remedy with the RECOVERY method ???

    Jay

  2. Re: Disaster Recovery Does Not Work !!

    Just came across your message and thought I'd share a similar situation
    using IDR for Netware. Appears IDR ignores SCSI drivers. Check the manual
    on
    how to modifying one of the .ini files to include the SCSI drivers during
    recovery preparation. You may also have to edit one of the system startup
    files
    on the boot disk (for Netware it was autoexec.ncf, for Win98 it may be a
    registry file) to be sure there is a command that loads the driver or that
    the
    path is correct. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, my experience has been
    with Netware only. The problem appears to be the same though. Good Luck.

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread