IDR on BE SBS 7.3 does not work ? - Veritas

This is a discussion on IDR on BE SBS 7.3 does not work ? - Veritas ; I created the 3 setup disks from Veritas, plus the one IDR disk according to the description in the manual and its wizard 7.3.2575. Everything worked fine. Finally when I really needed to use the IDR needed, I booted with ...

  1. IDR on BE SBS 7.3 does not work ?

    I created the 3 setup disks from Veritas, plus the one IDR disk according to
    the description in the manual and its wizard 7.3.2575. Everything worked
    fine.

    Finally when I really needed to use the IDR needed, I booted with the 1st
    disk followed the instruction up to the 3rd disk where I got a blue screen
    and the system crashed. Is their a fix I am missing some where? I applied
    all the fixes and updated I could find @ Veritas.

    Fortunately that I installed a second Hdisk with NT Workstation 4.0 could
    boot with the second WinNT and restore my SBS Hdisks with the offline
    backup I do from time to time with Ntbackup form this second WinNT
    WorkStation.

    Best Regards
    Robert Goeres

  2. Re: IDR on BE SBS 7.3 does not work ?

    Did you have a compaq array controller perhaps? There is an issue with
    cpqarray.sys and IDR. There are a couple of technotes about it at
    support.veritas.com.

    Todd

    "Robert Goeres" wrote in message
    > I created the 3 setup disks from Veritas, plus the one IDR disk according

    > the description in the manual and its wizard 7.3.2575. Everything worked
    > fine.
    >
    > Finally when I really needed to use the IDR needed, I booted with the 1st
    > disk followed the instruction up to the 3rd disk where I got a blue

    screen
    > and the system crashed. Is their a fix I am missing some where? I applied
    > all the fixes and updated I could find @ Veritas.
    >
    > Fortunately that I installed a second Hdisk with NT Workstation 4.0 could
    > boot with the second WinNT and restore my SBS Hdisks with the offline
    > backup I do from time to time with Ntbackup form this second WinNT
    > WorkStation.
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Robert Goeres

  3. Re: IDR on BE SBS 7.3 does not work ?

    Yes I am using a compaq server

    Regards
    Robert Goeres

    Todd E. Toles wrote in message news:38774133@hronntp01....
    > Did you have a compaq array controller perhaps? There is an issue with
    > cpqarray.sys and IDR. There are a couple of technotes about it at
    > support.veritas.com.
    >
    > Todd
    >
    > "Robert Goeres" wrote in message
    > > I created the 3 setup disks from Veritas, plus the one IDR disk

    according
    > > the description in the manual and its wizard 7.3.2575. Everything worked
    > > fine.
    > >
    > > Finally when I really needed to use the IDR needed, I booted with the

    1st
    > > disk followed the instruction up to the 3rd disk where I got a blue

    > screen
    > > and the system crashed. Is their a fix I am missing some where? I

    applied
    > > all the fixes and updated I could find @ Veritas.
    > >
    > > Fortunately that I installed a second Hdisk with NT Workstation 4.0

    could
    > > boot with the second WinNT and restore my SBS Hdisks with the offline
    > > backup I do from time to time with Ntbackup form this second WinNT
    > > WorkStation.
    > >
    > > Best Regards
    > > Robert Goeres

  4. Re: IDR on BE SBS 7.3 does not work ?

    Look at technote 010-103183.

    > > Did you have a compaq array controller perhaps? There is an issue with
    > > cpqarray.sys and IDR. There are a couple of technotes about it at
    > > support.veritas.com.
    > >
    > > Todd
    > >
    > > "Robert Goeres" wrote in message
    > > > I created the 3 setup disks from Veritas, plus the one IDR disk

    > according
    > > > the description in the manual and its wizard 7.3.2575. Everything

    worked
    > > > fine.
    > > >
    > > > Finally when I really needed to use the IDR needed, I booted with the

    > 1st
    > > > disk followed the instruction up to the 3rd disk where I got a blue

    > > screen
    > > > and the system crashed. Is their a fix I am missing some where? I

    > applied
    > > > all the fixes and updated I could find @ Veritas.
    > > >
    > > > Fortunately that I installed a second Hdisk with NT Workstation 4.0

    > could
    > > > boot with the second WinNT and restore my SBS Hdisks with the offline
    > > > backup I do from time to time with Ntbackup form this second WinNT
    > > > WorkStation.
    > > >
    > > > Best Regards
    > > > Robert Goeres

+ Reply to Thread