NTVDM errors with W2K3 SP1 - Veritas

This is a discussion on NTVDM errors with W2K3 SP1 - Veritas ; We've been trying to test SP1 in our lab. Servers are Windows 2003 with EV 5 SP5. We have upgraded the servers to W2K3 SP1 and then tried upgrading ev 5 to version 6. I keep getting the error message ...

  1. NTVDM errors with W2K3 SP1

    We've been trying to test SP1 in our lab. Servers are Windows 2003 with EV
    5 SP5. We have upgraded the servers to W2K3 SP1 and then tried upgrading
    ev 5 to version 6. I keep getting the error message "Application popup: ntvdm.exe
    - System Error : NTVDM encountered a hard error." I have even tried building
    a new server with W2K3 and SP1 and then installing a EV6 from scratch instead
    of updating and I still get the error message. However, as soon as SP1 is
    uninstalled, EV 6 setup.exe works like a charm ... has anyone seen this before
    and was able to rsolve it?

  2. Re: NTVDM errors with W2K3 SP1

    Are you running the install from the console or a terminal session? NTVDM
    is the 16-Bit virtual machine. Are you trying to load EV itself, or Store
    Reporter...or something else. If you must go remote then try terminal server
    with the console switch "mstsc /console" and it should work.

    "Bella" wrote:

    >We've been trying to test SP1 in our lab. Servers are Windows 2003 with

    EV
    >5 SP5. We have upgraded the servers to W2K3 SP1 and then tried upgrading
    >ev 5 to version 6. I keep getting the error message "Application popup:

    ntvdm.exe
    >- System Error : NTVDM encountered a hard error." I have even tried building
    >a new server with W2K3 and SP1 and then installing a EV6 from scratch instead
    >of updating and I still get the error message. However, as soon as SP1

    is
    >uninstalled, EV 6 setup.exe works like a charm ... has anyone seen this

    before
    >and was able to rsolve it?

  3. Re: NTVDM errors with W2K3 SP1

    We're running into the same problem trying to install EV6. Have you found
    a resolution???

    "Bella" wrote:

    >We've been trying to test SP1 in our lab. Servers are Windows 2003 with

    EV
    >5 SP5. We have upgraded the servers to W2K3 SP1 and then tried upgrading
    >ev 5 to version 6. I keep getting the error message "Application popup:

    ntvdm.exe
    >- System Error : NTVDM encountered a hard error." I have even tried building
    >a new server with W2K3 and SP1 and then installing a EV6 from scratch instead
    >of updating and I still get the error message. However, as soon as SP1

    is
    >uninstalled, EV 6 setup.exe works like a charm ... has anyone seen this

    before
    >and was able to rsolve it?

+ Reply to Thread