Re-enable a deleted mailbox - Veritas

This is a discussion on Re-enable a deleted mailbox - Veritas ; I deleted a mailbox that shouldn't have been deleted. I know the help says there is no undo for this, but is there anything that can be done with 5.0 SP5 to re-enable them? Also these mailboxes stay in the ...

  1. Re-enable a deleted mailbox

    I deleted a mailbox that shouldn't have been deleted. I know the help says
    there is no undo for this, but is there anything that can be done with 5.0
    SP5 to re-enable them?

    Also these mailboxes stay in the Vault console for a long time as marked
    for deletion. After you click delete on a mailbox is it deleted immediately?
    When it says marked for deletion can a user still access their archive?
    Is it a timing issue for when the item is actually deleted and removed from
    the console.

    Thanks for any help that is given.

  2. Re: Re-enable a deleted mailbox

    When you say mailbox do you mean Vault? If you delete a vault, it will be
    marked for deletion until the next run of the storage service, typically
    after you stop the storage service and restart it.

    You can go into the SQL database, and change to the enterprisevaultdirectory
    database, return all rows on table 'archive' and change the archive in questions
    'status' to '1'. This is no guarantee but you may salvage some data. This
    is for Version 5.0 in version 4.0 you would have to go about this a different
    way.

    Can you restore the mailbox from before it was archived and jsut renable
    it and arhive it again?

    "Tom Brady" wrote:

    >I deleted a mailbox that shouldn't have been deleted. I know the help says
    >there is no undo for this, but is there anything that can be done with 5.0
    >SP5 to re-enable them?
    >
    >Also these mailboxes stay in the Vault console for a long time as marked
    >for deletion. After you click delete on a mailbox is it deleted immediately?
    > When it says marked for deletion can a user still access their archive?
    > Is it a timing issue for when the item is actually deleted and removed

    from
    >the console.
    >
    >Thanks for any help that is given.

  3. Re: Re-enable a deleted mailbox

    See below...

    "Tom Brady" wrote in message

    > I deleted a mailbox that shouldn't have been deleted. I know the help
    > says
    > there is no undo for this, but is there anything that can be done with 5.0
    > SP5 to re-enable them?
    >
    > Also these mailboxes stay in the Vault console for a long time as marked
    > for deletion. After you click delete on a mailbox is it deleted
    > immediately?
    > When it says marked for deletion can a user still access their archive?
    > Is it a timing issue for when the item is actually deleted and removed
    > from
    > the console.

    I've found that the deletion starts immediately for the vault but it takes a
    while for the storage delete process to finish the job. The bigger the
    vault, the longer it takes. You should be able to see the storagedelete.exe
    process using processor time on the server.

    > Thanks for any help that is given.

  4. Re: Re-enable a deleted mailbox

    Well... once the vault that's marked for deletion disappears from the list,
    you would just add them as a new vault I guess.

    "Tom Brady" wrote in message

    > By mailbox I meant an archive account. If I just wanted to re-enable him
    > and start the retention process is there anyway?

  5. Re: Re-enable a deleted mailbox

    "Graeme Clark" wrote:
    >See below...
    >
    >"Tom Brady" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I deleted a mailbox that shouldn't have been deleted. I know the help

    >> says
    >> there is no undo for this, but is there anything that can be done with

    5.0
    >> SP5 to re-enable them?
    >>
    >> Also these mailboxes stay in the Vault console for a long time as marked
    >> for deletion. After you click delete on a mailbox is it deleted
    >> immediately?
    >> When it says marked for deletion can a user still access their archive?
    >> Is it a timing issue for when the item is actually deleted and removed

    >> from
    >> the console.

    >I've found that the deletion starts immediately for the vault but it takes

    >while for the storage delete process to finish the job. The bigger the
    >vault, the longer it takes. You should be able to see the storagedelete.exe

    >process using processor time on the server.
    >

    >> Thanks for any help that is given.

+ Reply to Thread