Vault Icons Not showing in Outlook - Veritas

This is a discussion on Vault Icons Not showing in Outlook - Veritas ; I got a few users who don't have the vault ICON's or the enterprise vault options under tools in outlook. Try reinstalling it but still doesn't work. The only thing that seemed to fix it was to rename their profile. ...

  1. Vault Icons Not showing in Outlook

    I got a few users who don't have the vault ICON's or the enterprise vault
    options under tools in outlook. Try reinstalling it but still doesn't work.
    The only thing that seemed to fix it was to rename their profile. Anyone
    have any other suggestions.

  2. Re: Vault Icons Not showing in Outlook

    For forms issues 9 time out of ten it's either:

    1. Do a search for FRMCACHE.DAT with Outlook closed, it will be in the users
    dektop profile folder and delete it. Then open Outlook. This will bring
    the forms down again when an archived item is opened.

    If that doesn't work try #2

    2. Reinstall the user extensions.

    3. Close Outlook, then do a search for Extend.dat and delete it. Remove
    the user extensions. Open Outlook and close it, (this recreates the extend.dat
    file). Reinstall the user extensions and attempt to open an archived item.

    If none of these works, rebuild the Outlook profile, or re-image the machine
    for a last case scenario.

    P.S. when searchign for FRMCAHE.dat and EXTEND.dat you need to search hidden
    files.

    "steve" wrote:

    >I got a few users who don't have the vault ICON's or the enterprise vault
    >options under tools in outlook. Try reinstalling it but still doesn't

    work.
    > The only thing that seemed to fix it was to rename their profile. Anyone
    >have any other suggestions.

  3. Re: Vault Icons Not showing in Outlook

    We occasionaly find that KVS 'hangs', then Outlook will disable it automatically.
    If you go to Help About Microsoft Outlook and look at disabled items you
    may see KVS there. Enabling KVS solves problem.

    "steve" wrote:

    >I got a few users who don't have the vault ICON's or the enterprise vault
    >options under tools in outlook. Try reinstalling it but still doesn't

    work.
    > The only thing that seemed to fix it was to rename their profile. Anyone
    >have any other suggestions.

  4. Re: Vault Icons Not showing in Outlook

    Try reregistering the .dll as per http://www.udstech.com/whitepapers/wp.tryfirst.pdf

    Also discussions on the whole thing here : http://vaulted.blog.co.uk/main/

+ Reply to Thread