Distributing Forms - Veritas

This is a discussion on Distributing Forms - Veritas ; We are moving to Exchange 2003, in this new environment public folders will not be used or accessible. Does anyone know if there is an alternate way to distribute the custom forms for KVS shortcuts? Can we install them via ...

  1. Distributing Forms

    We are moving to Exchange 2003, in this new environment public folders will
    not be used or accessible.

    Does anyone know if there is an alternate way to distribute the custom forms
    for KVS shortcuts? Can we install them via GPO, SMS or anything else?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Distributing Forms

    If you want to do it with GPO you'll need to create an msi install file.
    There are tools around to snapshot a system before and after changes and
    create the file. Between the snapshots you'd install the forms to the
    personal library. It should work fine.

    "Mike D" wrote in message

    > We are moving to Exchange 2003, in this new environment public folders
    > will
    > not be used or accessible.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is an alternate way to distribute the custom
    > forms
    > for KVS shortcuts? Can we install them via GPO, SMS or anything else?
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: Distributing Forms

    But you'd be bonkers to do it. Use Org Forms.

  4. Re: Distributing Forms

    I know, but I work for a very large corporation and it's out of my hands,
    they want zero public folders,e ven centrally managed system folders like
    Org Forms library. I've created MSI's before using I think it's the discover
    tool that comes with windows 2000 serve, adn they worked well.

    I actually created an MSI for the Vault Extensions before KVS did, not to
    float my own boat, that was years back though, maybe I can get the desktop
    team to go to work on it, thanks.

    "David" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >But you'd be bonkers to do it. Use Org Forms.

  5. Re: Distributing Forms

    How will they know? They're hidden....

    Having said that I really am not too keen on PFs or Org Forms myself.

    We have the SP1a versions of the EV Forms and I'm keen to move to later ones
    but in tests this causes 100% corruption. My users hate me enuf already
    re forms corruption (Outlook 2000 vanilla, doh!) so I'm not really looking
    forward to that one.

    How do you install the forms with an .msi? Are you allowed to tell?

    David

+ Reply to Thread