Recovery Scenario - Veritas

This is a discussion on Recovery Scenario - Veritas ; Hi. Does anyone know how to recover KVS and configure it to point to a different Exchange server name? For example, say in prod the mailboxes are on an Exchange server named "Exch 1". I'm going to recover KVS and ...

  1. Recovery Scenario

    Hi.

    Does anyone know how to recover KVS and configure it to point to a different
    Exchange server name? For example, say in prod the mailboxes are on an
    Exchange server named "Exch 1". I'm going to recover KVS and Exchange to
    another environment. In that environment Exchange is named "Exch 2". KVS
    doesn't seem to like that and wants the Exchange server to be named the same,
    but I prefer to not do that for other reasons. Thx.

  2. Re: Recovery Scenario

    (1) Can you repost on http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106
    or www.UDStech.com please? This forum is too much like hard work to use.

    (2) Is your second server in the same Exchange Organisation as your first?
    I suspect not as this would be a "bad idea"! If it isn't all your DNs are
    going to be wrong.

    What are you trying to achieve?

    David

  3. Re: Recovery Scenario

    This is around our DR for Exchange (and thus KVS). The exchange servers are
    named differently. After recovering KVS, it doesn't seem to like that.
    I'm thinking it *should* be trivial to configure KVS to point to a different
    Exchange server name.
    "Jeff" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >(1) Can you repost on http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106
    >or www.UDStech.com please? This forum is too much like hard work to use.
    >
    >(2) Is your second server in the same Exchange Organisation as your first?
    > I suspect not as this would be a "bad idea"! If it isn't all your DNs

    are
    >going to be wrong.
    >
    >What are you trying to achieve?
    >
    >David