Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault - Veritas

This is a discussion on Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault - Veritas ; Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003SP1 using Enterprise Vault 6.0. Can archive e-mail with no problem and then open the archive e-mail. Close the Outlook 2003 session and now get prompted for servername.domain.com for every arcive message. Non admin ...

  1. Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault

    Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003SP1 using Enterprise Vault 6.0. Can
    archive e-mail with no problem and then open the archive e-mail. Close the
    Outlook 2003 session and now get prompted for servername.domain.com for every
    arcive message. Non admin ID which has full access to the mailbox and archive
    gets prompted where as if you enter a domain admin ID the message will then
    come up. Any ideas what is wrong with our config? I have put all the server
    name veariations into the Local Intranet Zone via AD GPO but still get prompted.
    All local addresses bypass the Proxy. Seems to be permissions?

  2. Re: Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault

    MailMan,

    when you run Archive Exoplorer what zone does it say down the bottom on the
    right of the window?

    do you get the same problem when you click on the Search Buttton?

    David
    www.messy.bravehost.com

  3. Re: Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault

    We are not using Archive Explorer and yes I get the same connect to authentication
    box when I use the search in Outlook.
    Thanks for the assistance.

    "David" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >MailMan,
    >
    >when you run Archive Exoplorer what zone does it say down the bottom on

    the
    >right of the window?
    >
    >do you get the same problem when you click on the Search Buttton?
    >
    >David
    >www.messy.bravehost.com

  4. Re: Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault

    David,

    I added the Archive Explorer buttons to my Outlook client and get prompted
    when I try to use it. I use my domain admin credentials to get in. There
    is nothing displayed in the bottom right hand corner and I see no reference
    anywhere to any zones.

    "David" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >MailMan,
    >
    >when you run Archive Exoplorer what zone does it say down the bottom on

    the
    >right of the window?
    >
    >do you get the same problem when you click on the Search Buttton?
    >
    >David
    >www.messy.bravehost.com

  5. Re: Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault

    Mailman,

    I guess you have proxies.

    Take them out of the equation totally (in IE Tools - Internet Options - Connections
    - LAN Settings - clear out everything). Close IE and (re)start Outlook.
    If you don't get the problem anymore then you aren't bypassing the proxies.

    In this case check the server entry you have in the Local Zone - are you
    using DNS aliases for your EV setup? (Article on this here - http://www.udstech.com/whitepapers/wp.dns.pdf)
    If so, it's the alias that has to go in here, not the server name. Keeping
    banging away until you're sure that IE will bypass your proxy for EV.

    David

  6. Re: Prompt for authentication to archived e-mails in Vault

    FYI it ended up being permissions as Domain Users requires R,E and L for the
    Enterprise Vault directory and sub directories as I figured out. Seems like
    too much to be as I am trying pair down what Domain users really needs. Support
    didn't seem to know much about this issue.

    "David" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >Mailman,
    >
    >I guess you have proxies.
    >
    >Take them out of the equation totally (in IE Tools - Internet Options -

    Connections
    >- LAN Settings - clear out everything). Close IE and (re)start Outlook.
    > If you don't get the problem anymore then you aren't bypassing the proxies.
    >
    >In this case check the server entry you have in the Local Zone - are you
    >using DNS aliases for your EV setup? (Article on this here - http://www.udstech.com/whitepapers/wp.dns.pdf)
    > If so, it's the alias that has to go in here, not the server name. Keeping
    >banging away until you're sure that IE will bypass your proxy for EV.
    >
    >David

+ Reply to Thread