DA: unable to create new Case\ error: "no Vault Stores available" - Veritas

This is a discussion on DA: unable to create new Case\ error: "no Vault Stores available" - Veritas ; I am walking thru the config of DA and have created my DBs. Next I am on the Application Admin page which allows me to create a Case. When I choose New Case, I receive error…. "A new case cannot ...

  1. DA: unable to create new Case\ error: "no Vault Stores available"

    I am walking thru the config of DA and have created my DBs. Next I am on the
    Application Admin page which allows me to create a Case. When I choose New
    Case, I receive error….

    "A new case cannot be created because there are no Vault Stores available.
    A common reason is that the Enterprise Vault Directory Service is not running."

    I have the Directory Service running on this machine. My DA machine has EV
    installed, but not configured. The docs said I could install DA on a machine
    and not config EV and docs even recommended that I set the Admin Service
    to Disabled, which I did.

    When I look at my EV server and view the Vault Stores, I have created 3.
    They all have an Open State. (I thought only one was allowed to be opened?)
    I closed the two and left open my Journal vault store.

    The only vault that contains data is “FarmBoyVault2Journal Ptn2”. How do
    I make DA look at this particular Vault to see it? Does DA only look at the
    primary Vault created? Does the open\close status determine which Vault Store\partition
    it looks to when creating a case? (If so, then something is wrong, b\c that
    is the Ptn that I have an Open status).

    I am not sure what steps need to be taken to get the DA\case to see my Vault
    stores.

    thank you,
    JStarr
    call 6-[425]-2713 (or look up in symppl)

  2. Re: DA: unable to create new Case\ error: "no Vault Stores available"

    JStarr,

    hi - can't answer the Q I'm afraid but uoi might want to re-post here : http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106
    as that site has a couple of (annonymous) Symantec guys who sometimes answer
    postings.

    David
    www.udstech.com

  3. Re: DA: unable to create new Case\ error: "no Vault Stores available"

    Do you have permissions setup on the Archive that you are trying to search
    with DA? Do you have permissions in DA? Do you have the Vault Stores Excluded
    in DA?

    Sounds like permissions

    "JStarr" wrote:

    >I am walking thru the config of DA and have created my DBs. Next I am on

    the
    >Application Admin page which allows me to create a Case. When I choose New
    >Case, I receive error….
    >
    >"A new case cannot be created because there are no Vault Stores available.
    >A common reason is that the Enterprise Vault Directory Service is not running."
    >
    >I have the Directory Service running on this machine. My DA machine has

    EV
    >installed, but not configured. The docs said I could install DA on a machine
    >and not config EV and docs even recommended that I set the Admin Service
    >to Disabled, which I did.
    >
    >When I look at my EV server and view the Vault Stores, I have created 3.
    >They all have an Open State. (I thought only one was allowed to be opened?)
    >I closed the two and left open my Journal vault store.
    >
    >The only vault that contains data is “FarmBoyVault2Journal Ptn2”. How do
    >I make DA look at this particular Vault to see it? Does DA only look at

    the
    >primary Vault created? Does the open\close status determine which Vault

    Store\partition
    >it looks to when creating a case? (If so, then something is wrong, b\c that
    >is the Ptn that I have an Open status).
    >
    >I am not sure what steps need to be taken to get the DA\case to see my Vault
    >stores.
    >
    >thank you,
    >JStarr
    >call 6-[425]-2713 (or look up in symppl)

  4. Re: DA: unable to create new Case\ error: "no Vault Stores available"

    JStarr,

    When you are configuring DA, when it asks for the server that runs the Directory
    Service make sure it is the server that the vault stores are set up on.

    For instance you set up DA which requires a base install of KVS, you may
    have inadvertantly selected to create a directory service on the DA machine.
    If you configure DA to look at this machine, there will be no vault stores
    set up. Ensure that the DA machine points to the remote server that is actually
    running a live directory service with the vaults stores.

    Once this is configured you can set up on a case or application basis to
    include or exclude vault stores and vaults in searches.

    If I'm off the mark here, just disregard...

    "JStarr" wrote:

    >I am walking thru the config of DA and have created my DBs. Next I am on

    the
    >Application Admin page which allows me to create a Case. When I choose New
    >Case, I receive error….
    >
    >"A new case cannot be created because there are no Vault Stores available.
    >A common reason is that the Enterprise Vault Directory Service is not running."
    >
    >I have the Directory Service running on this machine. My DA machine has

    EV
    >installed, but not configured. The docs said I could install DA on a machine
    >and not config EV and docs even recommended that I set the Admin Service
    >to Disabled, which I did.
    >
    >When I look at my EV server and view the Vault Stores, I have created 3.
    >They all have an Open State. (I thought only one was allowed to be opened?)
    >I closed the two and left open my Journal vault store.
    >
    >The only vault that contains data is “FarmBoyVault2Journal Ptn2”. How do
    >I make DA look at this particular Vault to see it? Does DA only look at

    the
    >primary Vault created? Does the open\close status determine which Vault

    Store\partition
    >it looks to when creating a case? (If so, then something is wrong, b\c that
    >is the Ptn that I have an Open status).
    >
    >I am not sure what steps need to be taken to get the DA\case to see my Vault
    >stores.
    >
    >thank you,
    >JStarr
    >call 6-[425]-2713 (or look up in symppl)

+ Reply to Thread