0x80040154 Class not registered??!! - Veritas

This is a discussion on 0x80040154 Class not registered??!! - Veritas ; Hi All, We have a problem with the "Delete from Vault" buttom. When some users use this buttom they get a error mesage saying "0x80040154 Class not registered". Either the archived item or the shortcut is deleted. However when I ...

  1. 0x80040154 Class not registered??!!

    Hi All,

    We have a problem with the "Delete from Vault" buttom. When some users use
    this buttom they get a error mesage saying "0x80040154 Class not registered".
    Either the archived item or the shortcut is deleted. However when I open
    the archived e-mail and choose delete it works. The problem only appaers
    when using the buttom.

    I need help?

    /Christer

  2. Re: 0x80040154 Class not registered??!!

    Christer,

    have you reinstalled the Client? Does it happen on all your PCs?

    Suggest you may get better repsonses to Questions posted here : http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106

    Cheers

    David
    http://messy.bravehost.com/

  3. Re: 0x80040154 Class not registered??!!

    "Christer" wrote in message
    > We have a problem with the "Delete from Vault" buttom. When some users use
    > this buttom they get a error mesage saying "0x80040154 Class not
    > registered".

    Christer, are you running EV 6.0?
    I am (on Windows 2003 SP1), and I had the exact same problem as you have.
    Also I was unable to do a syncronize manually from the EV Console (Tasks -
    Mailbox Archiving Task). I got a Class not registered error there also. I
    tried setting permissions for the Enterprise Vault Task Controller Service
    in the DCOM Config in Component Services. This didn't work, so at last I
    "broke down" and did a reinstall "on top of" EV.
    It worked! Problem solved.
    I guess the installer had to reset som permissions in DCOM components.

    If you do a resintall, remember to check the Enterprise Vault webapp in IIS.
    For some reason it inserts a double backslash in the home directory path.

    Regards,
    JT

+ Reply to Thread