Backup sequence best practive - Veritas

This is a discussion on Backup sequence best practive - Veritas ; Does anyone have a good strategy for backup sequencing to guard against data loss? Archiving + Journaling + FSA. Something like; Stop all extra EV services (journaling, archiving, etc.) Set EV to read only wait a few backup Exchange, FSA ...

  1. Backup sequence best practive

    Does anyone have a good strategy for backup sequencing to guard against data
    loss? Archiving + Journaling + FSA.

    Something like;
    Stop all extra EV services (journaling, archiving, etc.)
    Set EV to read only
    wait a few
    backup Exchange, FSA source, EV servers, SQL.
    wait a few
    set EV to read/write
    restart EV services.

    Thx.

  2. Re: Backup sequence best practive

    "Aaron" wrote:

    >Does anyone have a good strategy for backup sequencing to guard against

    data
    >loss? Archiving + Journaling + FSA.
    >
    >Something like;
    >Stop all extra EV services (journaling, archiving, etc.)
    >Set EV to read only
    >wait a few
    >backup Exchange, FSA source, EV servers, SQL.
    >wait a few
    >set EV to read/write
    >restart EV services.
    >
    >Thx.

    Hello,
    You should read the "Operation Guide " from the 5th version.
    There it is explained what you have to do and how to with pre/post backup
    cmd,...
    I still use this method with the 6th version and it work well.
    In short
    You should put all the services in read-only mode before your backup and
    restart them normally after.
    We put the services on RO at 7:00 and at 7:05 make all the backups : store,
    index, db
    When this is finishedWe restart the services in normal mode
    Hope this is what you needed
    Minkamau

  3. Re: Backup sequence best practive

    Hi Aaron,

    I have a script for backuping EV with Veritas Net Backup. Let me know, if
    you want it.

    Greetz

    sanchi

    "Aaron" wrote:

    >Does anyone have a good strategy for backup sequencing to guard against

    data
    >loss? Archiving + Journaling + FSA.
    >
    >Something like;
    >Stop all extra EV services (journaling, archiving, etc.)
    >Set EV to read only
    >wait a few
    >backup Exchange, FSA source, EV servers, SQL.
    >wait a few
    >set EV to read/write
    >restart EV services.
    >
    >Thx.