Upgrade v4 CP7 to v5 SP5 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Upgrade v4 CP7 to v5 SP5 - Veritas ; We are about to upgrade from v4 CP7 to v5 SP5 can anyone please tell me of any potential problems to watch out for. Also does the v4 client work with the v5 server? Cheers...

  1. Upgrade v4 CP7 to v5 SP5

    We are about to upgrade from v4 CP7 to v5 SP5 can anyone please tell me of
    any potential problems to watch out for.

    Also does the v4 client work with the v5 server?

    Cheers

  2. Re: Upgrade v4 CP7 to v5 SP5

    "ND" wrote:

    >We are about to upgrade from v4 CP7 to v5 SP5 can anyone please tell me

    of
    >any potential problems to watch out for.
    >
    >Also does the v4 client work with the v5 server?
    >
    >Cheers

    We just upgraded recently. The first problem we had was that the upgrade
    failed the first time for unknown reasons. If failed the next time because
    of changes that had been made to the SQL tables. We were able to look at
    the event log and delete the added items to return SQL to the pre upgrade
    state. We then were successful with our upgrade. The first failure was suspected
    OS issues that we corrected prior to the next upgrade attempt.

    We now have a problem with exchange permissions synchronizing with the archive
    vaults. We have three exchange servers and they use the site settings for
    synchronization. We are having to manually run the synchronization several
    times to fix this problem. We are still trying to isolate the cause.

    Good Luck

  3. Re: Upgrade v4 CP7 to v5 SP5

    It's a move to structured vaults. This is a Big Deal. Check the resources
    on the support site.

    EV support clients at the server version + or - 1 (so v4 or v6 client is
    OK with v5 server). In my experience though "support" and "work ok" are
    not neccesaily the same thing wtih KVS ;-)

    David
    http://messy.bravehost.com/

+ Reply to Thread