Mailbox sharing with another user - Veritas

This is a discussion on Mailbox sharing with another user - Veritas ; Hi I have a user who shares his mailbox with a colleague. The user who has access to his mailbox based on folder permissions within Outlook, cannot read the items that have been archived. Should this still be possible although ...

  1. Mailbox sharing with another user

    Hi

    I have a user who shares his mailbox with a colleague.

    The user who has access to his mailbox based on folder permissions within
    Outlook, cannot
    read the items that have been archived.
    Should this still be possible although his mailbox is enabled for E-mail
    Archiving w. Enterprise Vault ?

    /Peter

  2. Re: Mailbox sharing with another user

    Peter,

    EV understands Outlook delegations.

    Outlook 2003 has a security setting regarding Shared Folders. Have you checked
    it? Here is the Symantec article: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/273282.htm

    David
    http://messy.bravehost.com/

  3. Re: Mailbox sharing with another user

    "Peter Schmidt" wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >I have a user who shares his mailbox with a colleague.
    >
    >The user who has access to his mailbox based on folder permissions within

    >Outlook, cannot
    >read the items that have been archived.
    >Should this still be possible although his mailbox is enabled for E-mail

    >Archiving w. Enterprise Vault ?
    >

    >/Peter

    I have the very same problem and would be interested if there were a solution
    to the problem.

    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread