Failed to perform search requested - Veritas

This is a discussion on Failed to perform search requested - Veritas ; We have started to enable users on Enterprise Vault but have a problem when they are trying to retrieve their mails. When clicking the shortcut the program does nothing, if performing a search based on the Web View the user ...

  1. Failed to perform search requested

    We have started to enable users on Enterprise Vault but have a problem when
    they are trying to retrieve their mails.

    When clicking the shortcut the program does nothing, if performing a search
    based on the Web View the user gets "Failed to perform search requested"

    If they use Archive Explorer they see the Enterprise Vault Folder bu not
    their Store underneath.

    I think this is a permissions thing but i've looked everywhere i can think
    of. My account is in a different domain but everything works ok for me,
    anyone have any ideas???

  2. Re: Failed to perform search requested

    Adam,

    Does sound like permissions. Do you let your users manually archive? If
    they try to do this do they get a dialogue box but with no vaults shown in
    the choose a Vault selection box?

    You know you check Vault permissions using the advanced properties tab?

    Don't suppose you fancy reposting this thread here : http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106
    ?

    David
    http://messy.bravehost.com/

  3. Re: Failed to perform search requested

    as a test get the user to bring up the search page manually in IE. Do they
    get a list of archives to search. If not then would point to a permission
    isue.

    "Adam" wrote in message news:432ff120@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > We have started to enable users on Enterprise Vault but have a problem
    > when
    > they are trying to retrieve their mails.
    >
    > When clicking the shortcut the program does nothing, if performing a
    > search
    > based on the Web View the user gets "Failed to perform search requested"
    >
    > If they use Archive Explorer they see the Enterprise Vault Folder bu not
    > their Store underneath.
    >
    > I think this is a permissions thing but i've looked everywhere i can think
    > of. My account is in a different domain but everything works ok for me,
    > anyone have any ideas???

+ Reply to Thread