Deleted Items folder not archiving - Veritas

This is a discussion on Deleted Items folder not archiving - Veritas ; We fairly recently updated Enterprise Vault for Exchange from 5.0 CP2 to SP5. At this point it would seem that Deleted Items no longer archives. We run EVPM to set Deleted Items to a 7 day inactivity and the script ...

  1. Deleted Items folder not archiving

    We fairly recently updated Enterprise Vault for Exchange from 5.0 CP2 to SP5.
    At this point it would seem that Deleted Items no longer archives.

    We run EVPM to set Deleted Items to a 7 day inactivity and the script is
    still running ok. I can check the properties of the other folders and all
    the settings including the inactivity and retention category settings are
    showing ok. The properties page for the Deleted Items just isn't there.

    So far, I've done various digging around and haven't found much. It would
    appear that there is a registry setting archivedeleteditems which is set
    at HKLM\software\kvs\Enterprise Vault\agents which is supposed to enable
    this functionallity but this doesn't work either. I also understand that
    this is a legacy setting in version 6 and I cannot find any documentation
    on this setting for our current version.

    Pretty stumped at what to try next. Anyone got any ideas or should I just
    forget about it until we get V6 installed?

    Cheers

  2. Re: Deleted Items folder not archiving

    Chris,

    just a couple of guesses at this one:-

    Deleted items isn't really a "proper folder" and I've seen umpteen errors
    in the application Event Log where EV has not been able to read the Folder
    ID of deleted items for certain mailboxes. Not a problem for us as we don't
    archive any deleted items... but potentially this is the issue for you?
    Do you have anything similar in the event log?

    Now the Symantec call on why it happens seems to be to blame Microsoft and
    a bug in ESM but I'm a bit sceptical. The theory is that it only happens
    to mailboxes that have bee moved between servers and the fix is to apply
    the latest Exchange Service Pack to the admin console on the EV server....

    Connecting to the mailbox whilst logged on as the EV service account also
    seems to temporarily move the issue (in that it then reports problems with
    other mailboxes...).

    As I say, I'm a bit sceptical.

    By the way - I've only seen the issue on an EV server on Windows 2003 with
    Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 connecting to an Exchange 2000 mailbox server.
    The Exchange 2003 servers were fine.

    This is an interesting thta might benefit from an extended thread - do you
    fancy re-posting on http://messy.bravehost.com/
    or http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106 ? I find
    it very hard to track a thread on this forum.

    David

+ Reply to Thread