Enterprise Vault / Windows Installer - Veritas

This is a discussion on Enterprise Vault / Windows Installer - Veritas ; Hi Every time one of my users opens Outlook XP, the Windows installer appears, and it looks as if its doing a EV 5.0 install. however this happens every time outlook is opened, and does it for about 20 times ...

  1. Enterprise Vault / Windows Installer

    Hi

    Every time one of my users opens Outlook XP, the Windows installer appears,
    and it looks as if its doing a EV 5.0 install. however this happens every
    time outlook is opened, and does it for about 20 times before Outlook is
    finally open.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Enterprise Vault / Windows Installer

    Try patching Office XP up to the max. If it still does it you could try re-registering
    the valkyrie.dll at a long shot.

    Is it doing it on all your clients? What method have you used for deploying
    the MSI?

    "Pacman" wrote:
    >Hi
    >
    >Every time one of my users opens Outlook XP, the Windows installer appears,

    >and it looks as if its doing a EV 5.0 install. however this happens every

    >time outlook is opened, and does it for about 20 times before Outlook is

    >finally open.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks.

  3. Re: Enterprise Vault / Windows Installer

    Hi Pacman,

    this has happened to me. Re-registering valkyrie sorted it (regsvr32 c:\progra~1\kvs\evclient\valkyrie.dll).
    If not then uninstall the extensions and reinstall them.

    Our problem occured when KVS was included as part of a total install package
    of an XP PC that had had a HDD failure. Only seen it the once.

    David
    My website : http://messy.bravehost.com/
    Better official forum : http://forums.veritas.com/discussion...pa?forumID=106

+ Reply to Thread