Automatically Set vault Permissions - Veritas

This is a discussion on Automatically Set vault Permissions - Veritas ; Hi All, I'm frequently getting problems with the automatically set permissions on user's vaults. Some users are getting the access denied message when trying to open archived messages even though the automatically set permissions give them full access to the ...

  1. Automatically Set vault Permissions

    Hi All,

    I'm frequently getting problems with the automatically set permissions on
    user's vaults. Some users are getting the access denied message when trying
    to open archived messages even though the automatically set permissions give
    them full access to the vault and there are no deny permissions set. I can
    fix it on a per user basis by granting the access manually as well but this
    is a real pain for 1000 users. Is there anything I can check that might be
    causing this ?

    We are using EV for Enchange 5 sp3 on Windows 2000 sp4. Our exchange
    environment is Exchange 2003 sp1 running on Windons server 2003.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. Re: Automatically Set vault Permissions

    To add a bit more info to this, the application log shows Warning Event ID
    6940, Source: Enterprise Vault, Category: Agent Client Broker which
    identifies the domain user correctly and the vault that they are trying to
    access - also the right one that they do have automatically set permissions
    to.

    "Graeme Clark" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm frequently getting problems with the automatically set permissions on
    > user's vaults. Some users are getting the access denied message when
    > trying to open archived messages even though the automatically set
    > permissions give them full access to the vault and there are no deny
    > permissions set. I can fix it on a per user basis by granting the access
    > manually as well but this is a real pain for 1000 users. Is there anything
    > I can check that might be causing this ?
    >
    > We are using EV for Enchange 5 sp3 on Windows 2000 sp4. Our exchange
    > environment is Exchange 2003 sp1 running on Windows server 2003.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread