IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI - Veritas

This is a discussion on IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI - Veritas ; I found in the registry guide there is an setting "IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI" which can make the User Extensions use all the default settings. Setting in Desktopsettings.txt Default for this setting ArchiveBtnVisible Show both menu option and button SearchBtnVisible Show both menu ...

  1. IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI

    I found in the registry guide there is an setting "IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI"
    which can make the User Extensions use all the default settings.

    Setting in Desktopsettings.txt Default for this setting
    ArchiveBtnVisible Show both menu option and button
    SearchBtnVisible Show both menu option and button
    CancelBtnVisible Show menu option
    RestoreBtnVisible Show both menu option and button
    DeleteBtnVisible Show both menu option and button

    However, when I set the registry key on the computer which is not using
    Self-Installing User Extensions, I cannot see all the buttons but only some.
    How can make the settings take effect?

  2. Re: IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI

    Albert,

    are you setting it in the right place?

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client

    IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI

    It is a dword

    set to 1 to get all the buttons on that PC.

    You need to restart Outlook if it was open when you added the key.

    Very handy for your own admin PC (and troubleshooting).

    David
    http://messy.bravehost.com/

  3. Re: IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI

    Hi David,

    I have set the registry key correctly, and in the "About Enterprise Vault" in Outlook, I can see an entry "UI Setting" is set to "Ignored". However, I cannot see the Delete button in Outlook still.

    "David" wrote in message news:4322e9e7@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Albert,
    >
    > are you setting it in the right place?
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client
    >
    > IgnoreDesktopSettingsUI
    >
    > It is a dword
    >
    > set to 1 to get all the buttons on that PC.
    >
    > You need to restart Outlook if it was open when you added the key.
    >
    > Very handy for your own admin PC (and troubleshooting).
    >

    > David
    > http://messy.bravehost.com/

+ Reply to Thread