Command line archive enable - Veritas

This is a discussion on Command line archive enable - Veritas ; Is there a command line utility that will archive enable users? or any other way to script the process? We cannot use the auto-enable feature for policy reasons and we have several KVS serves aligned with specific Exchange servers....

  1. Command line archive enable

    Is there a command line utility that will archive enable users? or any other
    way to script the process? We cannot use the auto-enable feature for policy
    reasons and we have several KVS serves aligned with specific Exchange servers.

  2. Re: Command line archive enable

    Hi,

    Enterprise Vault Policy Manager(EVPM) can do this or in V6 you can do it via
    VB Script.

    "Stuart" wrote in message

    > Is there a command line utility that will archive enable users? or any
    > other
    > way to script the process? We cannot use the auto-enable feature for
    > policy
    > reasons and we have several KVS serves aligned with specific Exchange
    > servers.

  3. Re: Command line archive enable

    "seb" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Enterprise Vault Policy Manager(EVPM) can do this or in V6 you can do it

    via
    >VB Script.
    >

    >"Stuart" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Is there a command line utility that will archive enable users? or any

    >> other
    >> way to script the process? We cannot use the auto-enable feature for

    >> policy
    >> reasons and we have several KVS serves aligned with specific Exchange

    >> servers.

    Hello,
    As alreday daid you can use an Entreprise Vault Policy Manger "script".
    With mainly consist in an ini file.
    Like the following one

    [Directory]
    DirectoryComputerName = ....
    SiteName = ...
    [Mailbox]
    DistinguishedName = all oder the one you want to enable
    [Folder]
    Name= mailboxroot
    ; mailboxroot means the all mailbox
    Enabled= true
    IndexingServiceComputerName = local
    ;for the index to be on the same server as then storage service ( the store)
    VaultStoreName = ....

    I hope this will help you.
    You can create this file in notepad BUT it has to be saved as UNICODE.

    The command line to call this file is
    evpm -e exchangeservername -m mailboxname -f inifilename

    Hope this really help you.
    You should consult the EV help file or the doc.

    Minkamau

+ Reply to Thread