Admin service error - Veritas

This is a discussion on Admin service error - Veritas ; I have one server Enterprise vault for Exchange to store mail from three back-end server Exchange 2003 It has run correctly for months, until few days ago when the "Admin Service" stopped to work. The other services are stil running ...

  1. Admin service error

    I have one server Enterprise vault for Exchange to store mail from three back-end
    server Exchange 2003

    It has run correctly for months, until few days ago when the "Admin Service"
    stopped to work. The other services are stil running fine.
    After I try to start the "Admin Service, the following error message appears
    on the console:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program: C:\Program Files\ Enterprise Vault\AdminService.exe
    This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual
    way.
    ************************************************** *********************************
    Then the "Admin Service" is stopped by the system.

    Anyone could help me?

  2. Re: Admin service error

    Possibly a stupid question but have you rebooted the server?

  3. Re: Admin service error

    "David" wrote:

    >Possibly a stupid question but have you rebooted the server?

    Yes, more times.
    The problem occour every time the service attemp to start(both manually and
    by the system)

  4. Re: Admin service error

    All the other services rely on the Admin service so I'm surprised they will
    run if it is poorly.

    Have you made any changes to your server?

    Perhaps try reinstalling the EV software.

+ Reply to Thread