OWA extensions - Veritas

This is a discussion on OWA extensions - Veritas ; I have recently added an extra Exchange 2003 back end server to our setup. We are running EV 5.0 sp3 , so I understand I need to install the OWA extensions on this new server, and the manual tells me ...

  1. OWA extensions

    I have recently added an extra Exchange 2003 back end server to our setup.
    We are running EV 5.0 sp3 , so I understand I need to install the OWA extensions
    on this new server, and the manual tells me to do so by running setup.exe
    from the EV CD. I don't have an actual CD, but when I try and run the setup
    from the download , I get the message "setup is unable to locate the file
    [path]\server\layout.bin" and the setup cannot proceed. I've tried copying
    the file from my EV server (it was only a 1K file in a subdirectory of winnt),
    and this gets me the message "install shield is preparing to guide you...."
    but it doesn't get any further.

    Has anyone any ideas?

    Cathy Jackson
    Sheffield Hallam University, UK

  2. Re: OWA extensions

    I had the exact same issue, I ended up just burning the entire 'Enterprise
    Vault 5.0 SP5' directory to a CD. I shared my desktop CD and ran setuo via
    terminal services & it worked without problems.

    Mustafa

    "Cathy Jackson" wrote:

    >I have recently added an extra Exchange 2003 back end server to our setup.
    > We are running EV 5.0 sp3 , so I understand I need to install the OWA extensions
    >on this new server, and the manual tells me to do so by running setup.exe
    >from the EV CD. I don't have an actual CD, but when I try and run the setup
    >from the download , I get the message "setup is unable to locate the file
    >[path]\server\layout.bin" and the setup cannot proceed. I've tried copying
    >the file from my EV server (it was only a 1K file in a subdirectory of winnt),
    >and this gets me the message "install shield is preparing to guide you...."
    >but it doesn't get any further.
    >
    >Has anyone any ideas?
    >
    >Cathy Jackson
    >Sheffield Hallam University, UK