Enterprise Vault/Exchange licensing - Veritas

This is a discussion on Enterprise Vault/Exchange licensing - Veritas ; All, I have a customer with an Exchange server that houses around 350+ mailboxes. The customer has requested purchasing enterprise vault for only the 100 biggest mailboxes (100 user pack license). Assuming Enterprise vault searches the information store is there ...

  1. Enterprise Vault/Exchange licensing

    All,

    I have a customer with an Exchange server that houses around 350+ mailboxes.
    The customer has requested purchasing enterprise vault for only the 100
    biggest mailboxes (100 user pack license). Assuming Enterprise vault searches
    the information store is there going to be a problem with it one it sees
    those other mailboxes even if I'm only applying policies to the mailboxes
    affirmentioned?

  2. Re: Enterprise Vault/Exchange licensing

    Hi Jason,

    I don't think Symantec will have a problem with this but obviously no one
    on this Board can speak for them officially so you should check the terms
    of your licence and drop them a line if you have any doubt.

    I'm sure they will be keen to sell 100 licences rather than none and if the
    product is succesful no doubt your customer will want to buy more later.

    David
    Nick,

    worth checking your Org Forms permissions then. Start Exchange System Manager.
    Go to your Administrative Group. Select Folders. Then right click on Public
    Folders and choose "View System Folders". Open EFORMS REGISTRY. You may
    have a big structure under here or maybe "Organisational Forms". It depends
    how your system is set up. Either way, the folder you want is the one you
    published the EV Form in! Right click it and select properties. Go to the
    Permissions tab and click on the Client Permissions button.

    ** If you have Outlook on the machine running ESM then you may get an error
    here where Client Permissions cannot resolve. This is (I think) due to MAPIsvc32.dll
    being swapped out. The easiest thing is to make sure you run ESM on a server
    without Outlook on it but if you need the workaround let me know. **

    The top permissions should be Default. You want this to be set as "Reviewer".
    If it's missing or set lower than this add or change is and see if it fixes
    the problem.

    If you want to load the EV Forms locally into Outlook you have to do it for
    each user. If you load them locally as Administrator then log off and log
    on as a user they won't be local. Outlook will always look for a Form locally
    and if it fails to fins it then it will go to the PF store. It is still
    worth making sure the non-privileged user definitely has a local copy of
    the EV Forms (check in Outlook), clear the Cache (with Outlook shut) and
    the start Outlook again.

    Have you got Office 2003 SP1 installed? There is a bug in vanilla 2003 that
    impacts its ability to cache Org Forms.

    Cheers

    David
    http://messy.bravehost.com/

    "Jason" wrote:

    >All,
    >
    >I have a customer with an Exchange server that houses around 350+ mailboxes.
    > The customer has requested purchasing enterprise vault for only the 100
    >biggest mailboxes (100 user pack license). Assuming Enterprise vault searches
    >the information store is there going to be a problem with it one it sees
    >those other mailboxes even if I'm only applying policies to the mailboxes
    >affirmentioned?

  3. Re: Enterprise Vault/Exchange licensing

    Reposted without the additional spurious nonsense - the perils of cut and
    paste :-)

    "David" wrote:

    >Hi Jason,
    >
    >I don't think Symantec will have a problem with this but obviously no one
    >on this Board can speak for them officially so you should check the terms
    >of your licence and drop them a line if you have any doubt.
    >
    >I'm sure they will be keen to sell 100 licences rather than none and if

    the
    >product is succesful no doubt your customer will want to buy more later.
    >

    >David
    >

    >"Jason" wrote:
    >>
    >>All,
    >>
    >>I have a customer with an Exchange server that houses around 350+ mailboxes.
    >> The customer has requested purchasing enterprise vault for only the 100
    >>biggest mailboxes (100 user pack license). Assuming Enterprise vault searches
    >>the information store is there going to be a problem with it one it sees
    >>those other mailboxes even if I'm only applying policies to the mailboxes
    >>affirmentioned?

  4. Re: Enterprise Vault/Exchange licensing

    Enteprise Vault has not technical limitations and the license software is
    always nlimited.
    You can buy only more mailbox license (for legal purpose) as what you want
    enable.

    Cls

    "Jason" wrote:

    >All,
    >
    >I have a customer with an Exchange server that houses around 350+ mailboxes.
    > The customer has requested purchasing enterprise vault for only the 100
    >biggest mailboxes (100 user pack license). Assuming Enterprise vault searches
    >the information store is there going to be a problem with it one it sees
    >those other mailboxes even if I'm only applying policies to the mailboxes
    >affirmentioned?

+ Reply to Thread