New Index Location - Veritas

This is a discussion on New Index Location - Veritas ; I have close an 'index location' on a volume that is low on disk space. I have opened a new "index location' on a new volume. The indexes aren't 'rolling' to the new location and space on the old volume ...

  1. New Index Location

    I have close an 'index location' on a volume that is low on disk space. I
    have opened a new "index location' on a new volume. The indexes aren't 'rolling'
    to the new location and space on the old volume is dwindling. I have checked
    everything I can think of.

  2. Re: New Index Location

    Hi,

    When you close an index location it doesn't rollover indexes, it doesn't
    make the index location 'read only' it just ensures that any new indexes for
    new archives are created in the new open location.

    You need instead to look at moving one of the index locations you have on
    that disk onto another device with more space.

    "David Hamilton" wrote in message

    > I have close an 'index location' on a volume that is low on disk space. I
    > have opened a new "index location' on a new volume. The indexes aren't
    > 'rolling'
    > to the new location and space on the old volume is dwindling. I have
    > checked
    > everything I can think of.

  3. Re: New Index Location

    I would like to clarify with this.
    There are lots of folder in the indexing folder, naming in a long long
    string. Does one of this folders represent the index of an archive?
    As you said, even I close the original index location, the old index folder
    still have something writes in ang grow also. The new index folder will
    store index of the new archive, that is new enabled mailbox, right?
    To avoid space running out of old folder, we need to manually move one of
    the folders inside original index folder into the new one, right?

    "seb" wrote in message news:430ba23b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hi,
    >
    > When you close an index location it doesn't rollover indexes, it doesn't
    > make the index location 'read only' it just ensures that any new indexes
    > for new archives are created in the new open location.
    >
    > You need instead to look at moving one of the index locations you have on
    > that disk onto another device with more space.
    >

    > "David Hamilton" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have close an 'index location' on a volume that is low on disk space. I
    >> have opened a new "index location' on a new volume. The indexes aren't
    >> 'rolling'
    >> to the new location and space on the old volume is dwindling. I have
    >> checked
    >> everything I can think of.

  4. Re: New Index Location

    Hi,

    Yes each folder within an index location represents the index for an
    archive.
    You cannot move an individual index you move an index location.

    So you'll need to move the whole index location (all those folders) and
    update IndexRootPathEntry table with the new location
    so if the old index root path was
    c:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Indexing and you moved all your indexes to
    E:\Indexes
    then you'd need to go into SQL and goto IndexRootPathEntry table and change
    the value from c:\program files\enterprise vault\indexing to e:\indexes

    There may well be Help or a tech article on this so check that for more
    information.

    "Albert" wrote in message news:430be522@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >I would like to clarify with this.
    > There are lots of folder in the indexing folder, naming in a long long
    > string. Does one of this folders represent the index of an archive?
    > As you said, even I close the original index location, the old index
    > folder still have something writes in ang grow also. The new index folder
    > will store index of the new archive, that is new enabled mailbox, right?
    > To avoid space running out of old folder, we need to manually move one of
    > the folders inside original index folder into the new one, right?
    >

    > "seb" wrote in message news:430ba23b@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> When you close an index location it doesn't rollover indexes, it doesn't
    >> make the index location 'read only' it just ensures that any new indexes
    >> for new archives are created in the new open location.
    >>
    >> You need instead to look at moving one of the index locations you have on
    >> that disk onto another device with more space.
    >>

    >> "David Hamilton" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I have close an 'index location' on a volume that is low on disk space.
    >>> have opened a new "index location' on a new volume. The indexes aren't
    >>> 'rolling'
    >>> to the new location and space on the old volume is dwindling. I have
    >>> checked
    >>> everything I can think of.

+ Reply to Thread