Event id 2979 - Veritas

This is a discussion on Event id 2979 - Veritas ; Hi all, I have just installed veritas Enterprise vault for exchange5 SP5. i'm unable to start the enterprise vault srorage servce for . Even if it starts it stops again. I check the ever viewr n found the events 2256 ...

  1. Event id 2979

    Hi all,
    I have just installed veritas Enterprise vault for exchange5 SP5. i'm unable
    to start the enterprise vault srorage servce for . Even if it
    starts it stops again. I check the ever viewr n found the events 2256 " The
    archiving serveri for cannot be started due to start up errors"
    and event id 2979 " There is no valid license key installed, the archiving
    service will not run until you install a license key"

    When i start the administration console it says "this is a demonstration
    version not all features are available"

    Please let me know how to solve this or where to obatain the license key.

    Regards,
    Swamy

  2. Re: Event id 2979

    Hello,
    This is so why the evaluation licence you can't start this service.
    To obtain a valid licence from your veritas resseller you should as him for
    it
    "swamy" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    > I have just installed veritas Enterprise vault for exchange5 SP5. i'm

    unable
    >to start the enterprise vault srorage servce for . Even if it
    >starts it stops again. I check the ever viewr n found the events 2256 "

    The
    >archiving serveri for cannot be started due to start up errors"
    > and event id 2979 " There is no valid license key installed, the archiving
    >service will not run until you install a license key"
    >
    >When i start the administration console it says "this is a demonstration
    >version not all features are available"
    >
    >Please let me know how to solve this or where to obatain the license key.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Swamy

+ Reply to Thread