Outlook 2003 Cached Mode and Vault Properties - Veritas

This is a discussion on Outlook 2003 Cached Mode and Vault Properties - Veritas ; I have a problem with Enterprise Vault 5 SP5 Client Extensions with Outlook 2003 run in Cached Mode. If I am running Outlook in online mode then I can display the properties of a mail folder and one of the ...

  1. Outlook 2003 Cached Mode and Vault Properties

    I have a problem with Enterprise Vault 5 SP5 Client Extensions with Outlook
    2003 run in Cached Mode.

    If I am running Outlook in online mode then I can display the properties
    of a mail folder and one of the tabs is an Enterprise Vault tab that shows
    me the vault settings for that folder and offers me the option of changing
    some of those settings. However I want to run Outlook 2003 in Cached mode.
    In Cached mode when I bring up the properties of the Mail Folder there is
    no Enterprise Vault Tab.

    Does anybody know if this is a limitation of Enterprise Vaults integration
    with Outlook 2003 or should this actually work the same in both modes?

    The support article http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277140.htm seems
    to suggest that I should be able to get to the Vault Properties as long as
    I have client version 5 CP1 or above.

    If someone else out there is using Outlook 2003 in Cached mode with EV 5.0
    then can they confirm whether this is a limitation or not.

    Thanks

    Chris

  2. Re: Outlook 2003 Cached Mode and Vault Properties

    Current limitation I've been told.

    "Chris wells" wrote in message

    > I have a problem with Enterprise Vault 5 SP5 Client Extensions with
    > Outlook
    > 2003 run in Cached Mode.
    >
    > If I am running Outlook in online mode then I can display the properties
    > of a mail folder and one of the tabs is an Enterprise Vault tab that shows
    > me the vault settings for that folder and offers me the option of changing
    > some of those settings. However I want to run Outlook 2003 in Cached
    > mode.
    > In Cached mode when I bring up the properties of the Mail Folder there is
    > no Enterprise Vault Tab.
    >
    > Does anybody know if this is a limitation of Enterprise Vaults integration
    > with Outlook 2003 or should this actually work the same in both modes?
    >
    > The support article http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277140.htm seems
    > to suggest that I should be able to get to the Vault Properties as long as
    > I have client version 5 CP1 or above.
    >
    > If someone else out there is using Outlook 2003 in Cached mode with EV 5.0
    > then can they confirm whether this is a limitation or not.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread