Exchange Migration - KVS - Veritas

This is a discussion on Exchange Migration - KVS - Veritas ; Hi, We've moved all of our mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server to 2000. Everything works OK until you switch off the 5.5 server. When a client (Outlook 2002) goes to an archived message, the client hangs whilst a box ...

  1. Exchange Migration - KVS

    Hi,

    We've moved all of our mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server to 2000.
    Everything works OK until you switch off the 5.5 server. When a client
    (Outlook 2002) goes to an archived message, the client hangs whilst a box
    appears saying "Retrieving data from ".....after about 2 minutes
    the archived icons appear next to the message and then everything works ok.
    When the old server is switched back on, everything is OK.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Paul

  2. Re: Exchange Migration - KVS

    Have you created a retrieval servivce for your new exchange server? It sounds
    like you only have a service pointing to your 5.5 environment.

    "Pacman" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >We've moved all of our mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server to 2000.
    >Everything works OK until you switch off the 5.5 server. When a client
    >(Outlook 2002) goes to an archived message, the client hangs whilst a box
    >appears saying "Retrieving data from ".....after about 2 minutes
    >the archived icons appear next to the message and then everything works

    ok.
    >When the old server is switched back on, everything is OK.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Paul

  3. Re: Exchange Migration - KVS

    "mb" wrote in message news:42f1f2dc@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Have you created a retrieval servivce for your new exchange server? It
    > sounds
    > like you only have a service pointing to your 5.5 environment.

    Hi

    Yes, Retrieval service has been created, and its running.

  4. Re: Exchange Migration - KVS

    Pacman,

    I will try to answer if you repost on

    http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2381205959

    I have a couple of ideas but they are only guesses I'm afraid!

    David

    "Pacman" wrote:

    >"mb" wrote in message news:42f1f2dc@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> Have you created a retrieval servivce for your new exchange server? It

    >> sounds
    >> like you only have a service pointing to your 5.5 environment.
    >>

    >Hi
    >
    >Yes, Retrieval service has been created, and its running.

+ Reply to Thread