additional mailbox in outlook - Veritas

This is a discussion on additional mailbox in outlook - Veritas ; Exchange Vault 6.0, on Exchange 2000, win2k server, sql 2000. The user functionality works fine for the primary mailbox in outlook, but if I add a second mailbox, I can't view the message - I've tried with both the installed ...

  1. additional mailbox in outlook

    Exchange Vault 6.0, on Exchange 2000, win2k server, sql 2000.

    The user functionality works fine for the primary mailbox in outlook, but if I add a second mailbox, I can't view the message - I've tried with both the installed client, and using a shortcut link, but neither work. The install client, does nothing, the link returns "Error loading stylesheet: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed.".

    I've verified that I can browse the second mailbox's archive store via the archive explorer, or search it via the web interface, and if I re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the primary, it works fine (so I do have exchange rights to it).

    Anyone know if this is a bug, or by design, before I attempt to call veritas about it.

    thanks

    --
    ZACH ESLER

  2. Re: additional mailbox in outlook

    nope, XP or 2000

    --
    ZACH ESLER
    "Bag" wrote in message news:42ef82a3@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > O2k3? Allow scripts in shared folders perhaps...?
    >
    > "Zach Esler" wrote:
    >>

    >>Exchange Vault 6.0, on Exchange 2000, win2k server, sql 2000.
    >>
    >>The user functionality works fine for the primary mailbox in outlook, =
    >>but if I add a second mailbox, I can't view the message - I've tried =
    >>with both the installed client, and using a shortcut link, but neither =
    >>work. The install client, does nothing, the link returns "Error loading

    > =
    >>stylesheet: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed.".
    >>
    >>I've verified that I can browse the second mailbox's archive store via =
    >>the archive explorer, or search it via the web interface, and if I =
    >>re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the primary, it works fine

    > =
    >>(so I do have exchange rights to it).
    >>
    >>Anyone know if this is a bug, or by design, before I attempt to call =
    >>veritas about it.
    >>
    >>thanks
    >>

    >>--=20
    >>ZACH ESLER

    Exchange Vault 6.0, on Exchange 2000, =
    >>win2k server,=20
    >>sql 2000.

    The user functionality works fine for =
    >>the primary=20
    >>mailbox in outlook, but if I add a second mailbox, I can't view the =
    >>message -=20
    >>I've tried with both the installed client, and using a shortcut link, =
    >>but=20
    >>neither work. The install client, does nothing, the link returns =
    >>"Error=20

    I've verified that I can browse the =
    >>second=20
    >>mailbox's archive store via the archive explorer, or search it via the =
    >>web=20
    >>interface, and if I re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the =
    >>primary,=20
    >>it works fine (so I do have exchange rights to it).

    Anyone know if this is a bug, or by =
    >>design, before=20
    >>I attempt to call veritas about it.

    thanks

    --
    ZACH =
    >>ESLER

  3. Re: additional mailbox in outlook

    *

    *

    I've verified that I can browse the =
    >second=20
    >mailbox's archive store via the archive explorer, or search it via the =
    >web=20
    >interface, and if I re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the =
    >primary,=20
    >it works fine (so I do have exchange rights to it).

    *

    Anyone know if this is a bug, or by =
    >design, before=20
    >I attempt to call veritas about it.

    *

    thanks

    *

    --
    ZACH =
    >ESLER

  4. Re: additional mailbox in outlook

    I have seen this issue with Outlook Xp. Its because Outlook XP disallows custom
    forms for mailboxes with delegated access. try add a DWORD of SharedFolderScript
    and set to 1 in the following key.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\O utlook\Security

    I believe Outlook 2003 has a setting for this somewhere in Tools/options
    etc

    *

    *

    I've verified that I can browse the =
    >second=20
    >mailbox's archive store via the archive explorer, or search it via the =
    >web=20
    >interface, and if I re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the =
    >primary,=20
    >it works fine (so I do have exchange rights to it).

    *

    Anyone know if this is a bug, or by =
    >design, before=20
    >I attempt to call veritas about it.

    *

    thanks

    *

    --
    ZACH =
    >ESLER

  5. Re: additional mailbox in outlook

    Hi there,

    this is the fix you are looking for; On the Client machine with the aditional
    mailbox please do the following

    In the location HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Outlook\Secrui ty

    Where xx =
    11 for Outlook 2003
    10 for Outlook 2002
    9 for Outlook 2000

    Add the DWord value SharedFolderScript and set the value to 1

    Hope this helps
    bluesource support team

  6. Re: additional mailbox in outlook

    Setting for Outlook 2003 is in Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options
    | Allow script in shared folders

    You can also set this option as part of the Outlook 2003 Group Policy so
    it can easily be set for any/all users.

    Cheers

    Chris

    *

    *

    I've verified that I can browse the =
    >>second=20
    >>mailbox's archive store via the archive explorer, or search it via the

    =
    >>web=20
    >>interface, and if I re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the =
    >>primary,=20
    >>it works fine (so I do have exchange rights to it).

    *

    Anyone know if this is a bug, or by =
    >>design, before=20
    >>I attempt to call veritas about it.

    *

    thanks

    *

    --
    ZACH =
    >>ESLER

  7. Re: additional mailbox in outlook

    Add the below key

    "Zach Esler" wrote:
    >nope, XP or 2000
    >

    >--
    >ZACH ESLER
    >"Bag" wrote in message news:42ef82a3@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> O2k3? Allow scripts in shared folders perhaps...?
    >>
    >> "Zach Esler" wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Exchange Vault 6.0, on Exchange 2000, win2k server, sql 2000.
    >>>
    >>>The user functionality works fine for the primary mailbox in outlook,

    =
    >>>but if I add a second mailbox, I can't view the message - I've tried =
    >>>with both the installed client, and using a shortcut link, but neither

    =
    >>>work. The install client, does nothing, the link returns "Error loading

    >> =
    >>>stylesheet: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed.".
    >>>
    >>>I've verified that I can browse the second mailbox's archive store via

    =
    >>>the archive explorer, or search it via the web interface, and if I =
    >>>re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the primary, it works fine

    >> =
    >>>(so I do have exchange rights to it).
    >>>
    >>>Anyone know if this is a bug, or by design, before I attempt to call =
    >>>veritas about it.
    >>>
    >>>thanks
    >>>

    >>>--=20
    >>>ZACH ESLER

    Exchange Vault 6.0, on Exchange 2000,
    =
    >>>win2k server,=20
    >>>sql 2000.

    The user functionality works fine for
    =
    >>>the primary=20
    >>>mailbox in outlook, but if I add a second mailbox, I can't view the =
    >>>message -=20
    >>>I've tried with both the installed client, and using a shortcut link,

    =
    >>>but=20
    >>>neither work. The install client, does nothing, the link returns =
    >>>"Error=20

    I've verified that I can browse the =
    >>>second=20
    >>>mailbox's archive store via the archive explorer, or search it via the

    =
    >>>web=20
    >>>interface, and if I re-configure outlook so the second mailbox is the

    =
    >>>primary,=20
    >>>it works fine (so I do have exchange rights to it).

    Anyone know if this is a bug, or by =
    >>>design, before=20
    >>>I attempt to call veritas about it.

    thanks