PST import errors - Veritas

This is a discussion on PST import errors - Veritas ; Hi, I'm currently importing several hundred PST's - each one is approx 1.8gb with 20-30,000 messages. About 1/3 of them fail to import with the event log errors shown below. Each failed PST fails on the first mail of the ...

  1. PST import errors

    Hi,

    I'm currently importing several hundred PST's - each one is approx 1.8gb
    with 20-30,000 messages.

    About 1/3 of them fail to import with the event log errors shown below. Each
    failed PST fails on the first mail of the inbox.

    I've tried scanpst.exe, creating new PST's, splitting them into smaller sizes
    but still no dice. Each of the PST's work fine in Outlook 2000/2003

    All of the PST's are on a local drive.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    Event Category: Migrator Server
    Event ID: 6593
    Date: 7/27/2005
    Time: 3:09:34 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: VENUS
    Abnormal error occurred

    PST file: F:\PST Files\group archive\05Jul-11Jul04.pst
    Archive Name: Inbox
    Vault Id: 12F2C3695281EF448AB0E58CDE278B4DB1110000IOMVault
    Reference: SCMP/SC
    Data:
    0000: 3c 30 78 38 30 30 34 30 <0x80040
    0008: 36 30 63 3e 60c>

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    Event Category: Migrator Server
    Event ID: 6469
    Date: 7/27/2005
    Time: 3:09:34 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: VENUS
    An exception has occurred.
    [Internal reference CMigrator/PI/e]

    Cheers,

    Scott

  2. Re: PST import errors

    We had a similar issue earlier this year, there was no obvious pattern or
    reason but we ended up using the OL2002 version of SCANPST rather than the
    OL2003 one to repair the PST. Though I am supprised that chunking them up
    into smaller ones doesn't fix the problem. In the past I have had the odd
    PST which just wouldn't import , in the end I had to keep splitting it untill
    I found a bad message but that was probably with V4 or even V3.7, certainly
    we've not had that problem since V5. I would try doing SCANPST with the OL2002
    version and try a re-import (unless you've already done that)

    Glenn

    "Scott" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm currently importing several hundred PST's - each one is approx 1.8gb
    >with 20-30,000 messages.
    >
    >About 1/3 of them fail to import with the event log errors shown below.

    Each
    >failed PST fails on the first mail of the inbox.
    >
    >I've tried scanpst.exe, creating new PST's, splitting them into smaller

    sizes
    >but still no dice. Each of the PST's work fine in Outlook 2000/2003
    >
    >All of the PST's are on a local drive.
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    >Event Category: Migrator Server
    >Event ID: 6593
    >Date: 7/27/2005
    >Time: 3:09:34 PM
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: VENUS
    >Abnormal error occurred
    >
    >PST file: F:\PST Files\group archive\05Jul-11Jul04.pst
    >Archive Name: Inbox
    >Vault Id: 12F2C3695281EF448AB0E58CDE278B4DB1110000IOMVault
    >Reference: SCMP/SC
    >Data:
    >0000: 3c 30 78 38 30 30 34 30 <0x80040
    >0008: 36 30 63 3e 60c>

    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    >Event Category: Migrator Server
    >Event ID: 6469
    >Date: 7/27/2005
    >Time: 3:09:34 PM
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: VENUS
    >An exception has occurred.
    > [Internal reference CMigrator/PI/e]
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Scott

  3. Re: PST import errors

    Hi Glenn,

    Thanks for the info.

    I'll see if I can find a copy of OL2002 to try its version of scanpst

    Cheers,

    Scott

    "Glenn" wrote:

    >We had a similar issue earlier this year, there was no obvious pattern or
    >reason but we ended up using the OL2002 version of SCANPST rather than

    the
    >OL2003 one to repair the PST. Though I am supprised that chunking them up
    >into smaller ones doesn't fix the problem. In the past I have had the odd
    >PST which just wouldn't import , in the end I had to keep splitting it untill
    >I found a bad message but that was probably with V4 or even V3.7, certainly
    >we've not had that problem since V5. I would try doing SCANPST with the

    OL2002
    >version and try a re-import (unless you've already done that)
    >
    >Glenn
    >

    >"Scott" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm currently importing several hundred PST's - each one is approx 1.8gb
    >>with 20-30,000 messages.
    >>
    >>About 1/3 of them fail to import with the event log errors shown below.

    >Each
    >>failed PST fails on the first mail of the inbox.
    >>
    >>I've tried scanpst.exe, creating new PST's, splitting them into smaller

    >sizes
    >>but still no dice. Each of the PST's work fine in Outlook 2000/2003
    >>
    >>All of the PST's are on a local drive.
    >>-------------------------------------------------------------
    >>Event Type: Error
    >>Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    >>Event Category: Migrator Server
    >>Event ID: 6593
    >>Date: 7/27/2005
    >>Time: 3:09:34 PM
    >>User: N/A
    >>Computer: VENUS
    >>Abnormal error occurred
    >>
    >>PST file: F:\PST Files\group archive\05Jul-11Jul04.pst
    >>Archive Name: Inbox
    >>Vault Id: 12F2C3695281EF448AB0E58CDE278B4DB1110000IOMVault
    >>Reference: SCMP/SC
    >>Data:
    >>0000: 3c 30 78 38 30 30 34 30 <0x80040
    >>0008: 36 30 63 3e 60c>

    >>Event Type: Error
    >>Event Source: Enterprise Vault
    >>Event Category: Migrator Server
    >>Event ID: 6469
    >>Date: 7/27/2005
    >>Time: 3:09:34 PM
    >>User: N/A
    >>Computer: VENUS
    >>An exception has occurred.
    >> [Internal reference CMigrator/PI/e]
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Scott

  4. Re: PST import errors

    hello unix.. when i got outlook error _Error_Code_in_Outlook__Here_is_How_to_Fix_it.html"]0x80040600[/url] ..try to repair this ..and suddenly i got crashed in my hard disk .. I have a back-up file (~ 3.3 GB) of Outlook 2007 from crashed hard drive .
    When I try to import PST file I get the following message: "Errors have been
    detected in the file" Tried Scanpst.exe to no avail.
    When I try to open directly from the recovered file using Outlook I get a
    message that the "attachment size exceeds the allowable limit"

    Suggestions on how to import/repair PST file would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread