Error creating privileged mapi session - Veritas

This is a discussion on Error creating privileged mapi session - Veritas ; Hi, Anytime we try to use the EVPM we get the following message.... Creating privileged MAPI session ... Error creating privileged MAPI session We were left some prepared ini and bat files (run0days, zap) and this happens when we use ...

  1. Error creating privileged mapi session

    Hi,

    Anytime we try to use the EVPM we get the following message....

    Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    Error creating privileged MAPI session

    We were left some prepared ini and bat files (run0days, zap) and this happens
    when we use them, but also if we create our own ini we're getting the same
    problems.

    Permissions seem correct (the Vault was installed by an outside consultant)
    but still no luck......

    Here's an example ini file

    [Directory]
    DirectoryComputerName = Venus
    SiteName = IOMVault

    [Filter]
    Name = filter1
    CreateShortcut = true
    DeleteOriginal = true
    UnreadMail = true
    UseInactivityPeriod = true
    InactivityUnits = Months
    InactivityPeriod = 1

    [Mailbox]
    DistinguishedName = /O=MPI/OU=ISLE OF MAN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ALASTAIRSTEAM

    [Folder]
    Name = mailboxroot
    FilterName = filter1
    RetentionCategory = Mailbox
    OverrideArchiveLocks = true

    All help appreciated!

    Scott

  2. Re: Error creating privileged mapi session

    Hi,

    The problem won't be with the content of the scripts but the parameters your
    passing.
    It cannot make a connection to Exchange.
    What parameters are you passing when you run EVPM.
    Perhaps you're specifiy EnterpriseVault-

    try instead using smtp:
    instead

    Seb

    "Scott" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Anytime we try to use the EVPM we get the following message....
    >
    > Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    > Error creating privileged MAPI session
    >
    > We were left some prepared ini and bat files (run0days, zap) and this
    > happens
    > when we use them, but also if we create our own ini we're getting the same
    > problems.
    >
    > Permissions seem correct (the Vault was installed by an outside
    > consultant)
    > but still no luck......
    >
    > Here's an example ini file
    >
    > [Directory]
    > DirectoryComputerName = Venus
    > SiteName = IOMVault
    >
    > [Filter]
    > Name = filter1
    > CreateShortcut = true
    > DeleteOriginal = true
    > UnreadMail = true
    > UseInactivityPeriod = true
    > InactivityUnits = Months
    > InactivityPeriod = 1
    >
    > [Mailbox]
    > DistinguishedName = /O=MPI/OU=ISLE OF MAN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ALASTAIRSTEAM
    >
    > [Folder]
    > Name = mailboxroot
    > FilterName = filter1
    > RetentionCategory = Mailbox
    > OverrideArchiveLocks = true
    >
    > All help appreciated!
    >
    > Scott

  3. Re: Error creating privileged mapi session

    Hi Seb,

    Thanks for the info.

    Yep, I'm passing the netbios name of the exchange server - as this was the
    way I was shown to do it. I've tried the FQDN too.

    When you say pass it the email address of the exchange server, which address
    do you mean? The evault service account mailbox? The SA mailbox?

    Thanks,

    Scott

    "seb" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >The problem won't be with the content of the scripts but the parameters

    your
    >passing.
    >It cannot make a connection to Exchange.
    >What parameters are you passing when you run EVPM.
    >Perhaps you're specifiy EnterpriseVault-
    >
    >try instead using smtp:

    >instead
    >
    >Seb
    >
    >"Scott" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Anytime we try to use the EVPM we get the following message....
    >>
    >> Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    >> Error creating privileged MAPI session
    >>
    >> We were left some prepared ini and bat files (run0days, zap) and this

    >> happens
    >> when we use them, but also if we create our own ini we're getting the

    same
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> Permissions seem correct (the Vault was installed by an outside
    >> consultant)
    >> but still no luck......
    >>
    >> Here's an example ini file
    >>
    >> [Directory]
    >> DirectoryComputerName = Venus
    >> SiteName = IOMVault
    >>
    >> [Filter]
    >> Name = filter1
    >> CreateShortcut = true
    >> DeleteOriginal = true
    >> UnreadMail = true
    >> UseInactivityPeriod = true
    >> InactivityUnits = Months
    >> InactivityPeriod = 1
    >>
    >> [Mailbox]
    >> DistinguishedName = /O=MPI/OU=ISLE OF MAN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ALASTAIRSTEAM
    >>
    >> [Folder]
    >> Name = mailboxroot
    >> FilterName = filter1
    >> RetentionCategory = Mailbox
    >> OverrideArchiveLocks = true
    >>
    >> All help appreciated!
    >>
    >> Scott

  4. Re: Error creating privileged mapi session

    Hi,

    The EV service account mailbox on the that Exchange server.

    "Scott" wrote in message

    > Hi Seb,
    >
    > Thanks for the info.
    >
    > Yep, I'm passing the netbios name of the exchange server - as this was the
    > way I was shown to do it. I've tried the FQDN too.
    >
    > When you say pass it the email address of the exchange server, which
    > address
    > do you mean? The evault service account mailbox? The SA mailbox?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Scott
    >

    > "seb" wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>The problem won't be with the content of the scripts but the parameters

    > your
    >>passing.
    >>It cannot make a connection to Exchange.
    >>What parameters are you passing when you run EVPM.
    >>Perhaps you're specifiy EnterpriseVault-
    >>
    >>try instead using smtp:

    >>instead
    >>
    >>Seb
    >>
    >>"Scott" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Anytime we try to use the EVPM we get the following message....
    >>>
    >>> Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    >>> Error creating privileged MAPI session
    >>>
    >>> We were left some prepared ini and bat files (run0days, zap) and this

    >>> happens
    >>> when we use them, but also if we create our own ini we're getting the

    > same
    >>> problems.
    >>>
    >>> Permissions seem correct (the Vault was installed by an outside
    >>> consultant)
    >>> but still no luck......
    >>>
    >>> Here's an example ini file
    >>>
    >>> [Directory]
    >>> DirectoryComputerName = Venus
    >>> SiteName = IOMVault
    >>>
    >>> [Filter]
    >>> Name = filter1
    >>> CreateShortcut = true
    >>> DeleteOriginal = true
    >>> UnreadMail = true
    >>> UseInactivityPeriod = true
    >>> InactivityUnits = Months
    >>> InactivityPeriod = 1
    >>>
    >>> [Mailbox]
    >>> DistinguishedName = /O=MPI/OU=ISLE OF MAN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=ALASTAIRSTEAM
    >>>
    >>> [Folder]
    >>> Name = mailboxroot
    >>> FilterName = filter1
    >>> RetentionCategory = Mailbox
    >>> OverrideArchiveLocks = true
    >>>
    >>> All help appreciated!
    >>>
    >>> Scott

  5. Re: Error creating privileged mapi session

    Hi,

    That worked a treat!

    Many thanks!

    Scott

    "seb" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >The EV service account mailbox on the that Exchange server.
    >

    >"Scott" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi Seb,
    >>
    >> Thanks for the info.
    >>
    >> Yep, I'm passing the netbios name of the exchange server - as this was

    the
    >> way I was shown to do it. I've tried the FQDN too.
    >>
    >> When you say pass it the email address of the exchange server, which
    >> address
    >> do you mean? The evault service account mailbox? The SA mailbox?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Scott
    >>

    >> "seb" wrote:
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>The problem won't be with the content of the scripts but the parameters

    >> your
    >>>passing.
    >>>It cannot make a connection to Exchange.
    >>>What parameters are you passing when you run EVPM.
    >>>Perhaps you're specifiy EnterpriseVault-
    >>>
    >>>try instead using smtp:

    >>>instead
    >>>
    >>>Seb
    >>>
    >>>"Scott" wrote in message

    >> same

  6. Re: Error creating privileged mapi session

    "Scott" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >That worked a treat!
    >
    >Many thanks!
    >
    >Scott
    >
    >"seb" wrote:
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>The EV service account mailbox on the that Exchange server.
    >>

    >>"Scott" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Hi Seb,
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the info.
    >>>
    >>> Yep, I'm passing the netbios name of the exchange server - as this was

    >the
    >>> way I was shown to do it. I've tried the FQDN too.
    >>>
    >>> When you say pass it the email address of the exchange server, which

    >>> address
    >>> do you mean? The evault service account mailbox? The SA mailbox?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Scott

    >>> your

    >>> same

    I'm a bit lost...what is the exact syntax that worked for you? I'm not having
    any luck making it work, but I think it's a syntax issue on my end, and I
    can't find any documentation about using an address line in place of a netbios
    name.

+ Reply to Thread