PST import speed - Veritas

This is a discussion on PST import speed - Veritas ; When I imported a 1G PST, I found that it moves 10 emails at 15 seconds. As this email contains about 15,000 emails, it takes about 5 hours to import. Is there any way to speed up the process?...

  1. PST import speed

    When I imported a 1G PST, I found that it moves 10 emails at 15 seconds. As
    this email contains about 15,000 emails, it takes about 5 hours to import.
    Is there any way to speed up the process?

  2. Re: PST import speed

    Put another CPU in the box

    More seriously, check th obvious - Disk or CPU:

    is the PST on a disk "local" to the server? (NAS = OK, SAN = OK, Local Disk
    = OK, Network Map = NOT OK)

    What AV is on the box?

    What else is it doing?

    David

    "Andrew" wrote:
    >When I imported a 1G PST, I found that it moves 10 emails at 15 seconds.

    As
    >this email contains about 15,000 emails, it takes about 5 hours to import.

    >Is there any way to speed up the process?

  3. Re: PST import speed

    Another thought... you can multi-thread this. If you have 4 CPUs it should
    migrate 4 PST files as fast as doing one. In fact, if you have 1 CPU then
    migrating 2/3 PST files at the same time will run almost as fast as 1. Try
    it.

    Easiest way to multi-thread is to sue EVPM but be careful.

    David

    "David" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >Put another CPU in the box
    >
    >More seriously, check th obvious - Disk or CPU:
    >
    >is the PST on a disk "local" to the server? (NAS = OK, SAN = OK, Local

    Disk
    >= OK, Network Map = NOT OK)
    >
    >What AV is on the box?
    >
    >What else is it doing?
    >
    >David
    >

    >"Andrew" wrote:
    >>When I imported a 1G PST, I found that it moves 10 emails at 15 seconds.

    >As
    >>this email contains about 15,000 emails, it takes about 5 hours to import.

    >>Is there any way to speed up the process?

+ Reply to Thread