Journal Service Shutdown - Veritas

This is a discussion on Journal Service Shutdown - Veritas ; Every morning, I get the following error on our KVS EV (5.0 - SP3); "An error occurred opening the Journaling mailbox /o=P M/ou= Central/cn=AD Users/cn=RESOURCES/cn=Life_Journal_03, the journaling service will shut down" This happens every day between 4 and 6 am. ...

  1. Journal Service Shutdown

    Every morning, I get the following error on our KVS EV (5.0 - SP3);
    "An error occurred opening the Journaling mailbox /o=P M/ou= Central/cn=AD
    Users/cn=RESOURCES/cn=Life_Journal_03, the journaling service will shut down"
    This happens every day between 4 and 6 am. I have two other journal mailboxes
    that do not have this problem and run without issue.
    The only way I can get the service to run again is to reinstall Exchange
    SP1 and then restart the KVS Admin service.
    I saw that someone else had asked about KVS SP4. Has anyone installed it
    yet? Better still, where can I find it? I got an email about it a while ago,
    but have not been able to find it on the Symantec site.
    Thanks-

  2. Re: Journal Service Shutdown

    When the problem occurs are you able to log into the mailbox using Outlook?

    "AndrewT" wrote in message

    > Every morning, I get the following error on our KVS EV (5.0 - SP3);
    > "An error occurred opening the Journaling mailbox /o=P M/ou= Central/cn=AD
    > Users/cn=RESOURCES/cn=Life_Journal_03, the journaling service will shut
    > down"
    > This happens every day between 4 and 6 am. I have two other journal
    > mailboxes
    > that do not have this problem and run without issue.
    > The only way I can get the service to run again is to reinstall Exchange
    > SP1 and then restart the KVS Admin service.
    > I saw that someone else had asked about KVS SP4. Has anyone installed it
    > yet? Better still, where can I find it? I got an email about it a while
    > ago,
    > but have not been able to find it on the Symantec site.
    > Thanks-

  3. Re: Journal Service Shutdown

    Yes I Can

    "Seb" wrote:
    >When the problem occurs are you able to log into the mailbox using Outlook?
    >
    >"AndrewT" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Every morning, I get the following error on our KVS EV (5.0 - SP3);
    >> "An error occurred opening the Journaling mailbox /o=P M/ou= Central/cn=AD
    >> Users/cn=RESOURCES/cn=Life_Journal_03, the journaling service will shut

    >> down"
    >> This happens every day between 4 and 6 am. I have two other journal
    >> mailboxes
    >> that do not have this problem and run without issue.
    >> The only way I can get the service to run again is to reinstall Exchange
    >> SP1 and then restart the KVS Admin service.
    >> I saw that someone else had asked about KVS SP4. Has anyone installed

    it
    >> yet? Better still, where can I find it? I got an email about it a while

    >> ago,
    >> but have not been able to find it on the Symantec site.
    >> Thanks-

+ Reply to Thread