Error 1714 on SMS Client Install - Veritas

This is a discussion on Error 1714 on SMS Client Install - Veritas ; When we try to deploy the SMS package for the user extensions to a small number of boxes we get the following error: The program for advertisement "HAL2000E" failed ("HAL00012" - "Automated Minimum Installation"). The failure description was "Error 1714.The ...

  1. Error 1714 on SMS Client Install

    When we try to deploy the SMS package for the user extensions to a small number
    of boxes we get the following error:

    The program for advertisement "HAL2000E" failed ("HAL00012" - "Automated
    Minimum Installation"). The failure description was "Error 1714.The older
    version of KVS Enterprise Vault User Extensions 5.0 cannot be removed. Contact
    your technical support group.".
    User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

    Possible cause: The program generated an installation status Management Information
    Format (MIF) file with a status value of Failed.
    Solution: For more information about the failure, refer to the documentation
    for the program you are distributing.

    We've tried installing and re-installing the user extensions manually to
    try and clean the systems down but without any success. Obviously, the old
    version it refers to is nowhere to be found.

    Tried re-installing Win Installer 3.1 and have tried running a repair of
    the SMS Advanced client.

    We're running SMS2003, Clients are XP SP2 and EV version is 5.0 SP5. All
    works ok on other boxes but cannot get this to work on some.

    Anyone any ideas or know of a 'clean-up tool'

    Cheers..

  2. Re: Error 1714 on SMS Client Install

    "Chris Bamforth" wrote:

    >When we try to deploy the SMS package for the user extensions to a small

    number
    >of boxes we get the following error:
    >
    >The program for advertisement "HAL2000E" failed ("HAL00012" - "Automated
    >Minimum Installation"). The failure description was "Error 1714.The older
    >version of KVS Enterprise Vault User Extensions 5.0 cannot be removed.

    Contact
    >your technical support group.".
    > User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >
    >Possible cause: The program generated an installation status Management

    Information
    >Format (MIF) file with a status value of Failed.
    >Solution: For more information about the failure, refer to the documentation
    >for the program you are distributing.
    >
    >We've tried installing and re-installing the user extensions manually to
    >try and clean the systems down but without any success. Obviously, the

    old
    >version it refers to is nowhere to be found.
    >
    >Tried re-installing Win Installer 3.1 and have tried running a repair of
    >the SMS Advanced client.
    >
    >We're running SMS2003, Clients are XP SP2 and EV version is 5.0 SP5. All
    >works ok on other boxes but cannot get this to work on some.
    >
    >Anyone any ideas or know of a 'clean-up tool'
    >
    >Cheers..

    Chris,

    - Have you checked the registry hive has completely gone after de-install?
    If not, I'd blat it if I was you.
    - Obvioulsy make sure Outlook is closed when de-installing.
    - Has valkyrie.dll been deregistered? EMSA Register can tell you about the
    .dll http://www.downloadjunction.com/product/software/70362

    David

+ Reply to Thread