Auditing on Archiving Service - Veritas

This is a discussion on Auditing on Archiving Service - Veritas ; How can I know which were the users touched by archiving service yesterday, And who were the users that were not archived. I know there is an option of Auditing and I read help file about that, but that does ...

  1. Auditing on Archiving Service

    How can I know which were the users touched by archiving service yesterday,
    And who were the users that were not archived. I know there is an option
    of Auditing and I read help file about that, but that does not help much.
    Does some one have any better idea to achieve that sort of a report.

    Thanks

    Sumeet

  2. Re: Auditing on Archiving Service

    Hi,

    I'm not a SQL guru but I thought I'd spent a bit of time looking at the
    databases that EV uses to see if I could work out how to do this. Here is
    what I came up with as an example. EVStore is an example Vault Store name

    Use EVStore

    select ArchiveName,ModifiedDate from
    enterprisevaultdirectory.dbo.root,enterprisevaultd irectory.dbo.archive
    ,archivepoint where modifieddate >getdate()-1 and
    enterprisevaultdirectory.dbo.root.vaultentryid = archivepoint.archivepointid
    and
    enterprisevaultdirectory.dbo.root.rootidentity=ent erprisevaultdirectory.dbo.archive.rootidentity
    order by modifieddate desc

    The issue is I think that the modifieddate gets updated when items are
    deleted so it's not entirely accurate.

    So the above will show who was archived in the last 24 hours and the
    following will show everyone else
    select ArchiveName,ModifiedDate from
    enterprisevaultdirectory.dbo.root,enterprisevaultd irectory.dbo.archive
    ,archivepoint where modifieddate enterprisevaultdirectory.dbo.root.vaultentryid = archivepoint.archivepointid

    "Sumeet Vasu" wrote in message

    > How can I know which were the users touched by archiving service
    > yesterday,
    > And who were the users that were not archived. I know there is an option
    > of Auditing and I read help file about that, but that does not help much.
    > Does some one have any better idea to achieve that sort of a report.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Sumeet

+ Reply to Thread