PST migrations - Veritas

This is a discussion on PST migrations - Veritas ; We are in the process of migrating the PSTs into EV. Thus far we have migrated about 800 users with no issues. Today I am having issues with some PSTs and keep getting the error "Not Enough Storage to complete ...

  1. PST migrations

    We are in the process of migrating the PSTs into EV. Thus far we have migrated
    about 800 users with no issues. Today I am having issues with some PSTs
    and keep getting the error "Not Enough Storage to complete this operation
    (0x8007000e)" I have checked my Archive servers, SQL servers and back-end
    storage device and I don't see anything running out of storage space. Any
    ideas?

  2. Re: PST migrations

    Have you checked the mailbox quota on your Exchange server for those users?

    "Baldish" wrote:

    >We are in the process of migrating the PSTs into EV. Thus far we have migrated
    >about 800 users with no issues. Today I am having issues with some PSTs
    >and keep getting the error "Not Enough Storage to complete this operation
    >(0x8007000e)" I have checked my Archive servers, SQL servers and back-end
    >storage device and I don't see anything running out of storage space. Any
    >ideas?

  3. Re: PST migrations

    Are you creating shortcuts? If you are, you need to have the space in the
    exchnage mailbox to write them in. If you keep recipeitn information in
    the shortcuts they can get very big (I've seen them bigger than 60k each
    - although 1-2k is more normal.

    If not, PST might be corrupt - run scanPST.exe

  4. Re: PST migrations

    Maybe message being processed is very very large? Have you tried using
    dtrace to track the problem down?

    "David Messenger" wrote in message

    > Are you creating shortcuts? If you are, you need to have the space in the
    > exchnage mailbox to write them in. If you keep recipeitn information in
    > the shortcuts they can get very big (I've seen them bigger than 60k each
    > - although 1-2k is more normal.
    >
    > If not, PST might be corrupt - run scanPST.exe

  5. Re: PST migrations

    "Seb" wrote:
    > Maybe message being processed is very very large? Have you tried using

    >dtrace to track the problem down?

    I haven't tried dtrace. We are migrating anywhere up to 40Gb of data over
    the course of 2 to 3 days on 3 archive servers. Once I recycled the services,
    PST migrations completed successfully. At this point, I think it might have
    something to do with Centra back-end. One possiblity is that we may not
    have enough access nodes. Investigation continues but we do have work around
    of recycling the EV services.

+ Reply to Thread