Unable to forward archived messages - Veritas

This is a discussion on Unable to forward archived messages - Veritas ; I have a user who used to be able to forward archived messages from an alternate mailbox. That no longer works for her. When she tries she gets the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the ...

  1. Unable to forward archived messages

    I have a user who used to be able to forward archived messages from an alternate
    mailbox. That no longer works for her. When she tries she gets the message
    "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists
    restart Outlook".

    Restarting Outlook does no good. She is able to forward archived messages
    from her own mailbox and can forward unarchived messages from the alternate
    mailbox. If I add the problem mailbox to my Outlook, I can forward archived
    messages without a problem.

    Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong? We have tried uninstalling
    and reinstalling the EV client. Tried detleting frmcache.dat and extend.dat
    - nothing has worked.

    Outlook client is 2002 sp3
    EV is 5.0 sp3

    TIA,
    Sue

  2. Re: Unable to forward archived messages

    The only thing I can think of is check if scripts are enabled in shared folder.
    You can check that under Tools, Options, Advanced Options and make sure
    that is checked.

    "Sue Moss" wrote:

    >I have a user who used to be able to forward archived messages from an alternate
    >mailbox. That no longer works for her. When she tries she gets the message
    >"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem

    persists
    >restart Outlook".
    >
    >Restarting Outlook does no good. She is able to forward archived messages
    >from her own mailbox and can forward unarchived messages from the alternate
    >mailbox. If I add the problem mailbox to my Outlook, I can forward archived
    >messages without a problem.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong? We have tried uninstalling
    >and reinstalling the EV client. Tried detleting frmcache.dat and extend.dat
    >- nothing has worked.
    >
    >Outlook client is 2002 sp3
    >EV is 5.0 sp3
    >

    >TIA,
    >Sue

  3. Re: Unable to forward archived messages

    Sue,

    Is this Outlook 2003? If so, have you checked that **Allow script in shared
    folders** is ticked? (Tools -- Options -- Other -- Advanced Options)

  4. Re: Unable to forward archived messages

    For Outlook 2002 or xp post sp2 It requires a registry change:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...23120121120120

    Follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\O utlook\Security

    3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    4. Type SharedFolderScript, and then press ENTER.
    5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
    6. Type 1, and then click OK.

    "David Messenger" wrote:

    >Sue,
    >
    >Is this Outlook 2003? If so, have you checked that **Allow script in shared
    >folders** is ticked? (Tools -- Options -- Other -- Advanced Options)

  5. Re: Unable to forward archived messages

    Or use a GPO. That's what we'll be doing... I actually asked M$ why they
    had introduced this anoying feature. From their answer I'm pretty sure that
    they don't know themselves. I guess someone in Redmond had nothing better
    to do one rainy day.

    They also reccomend if you turn on Scripting then you disable Home Page on
    folder (don't do this, it'll break EV search).

    Sue - did it fix it?

    Everyone - how come hardly anyone ever responds on this board? In fact,
    this has to be the most user-unfriendly interface I've ever seen for a board.
    has anyone ever complained to Digital/CompaqKVS/Veritas/Symantec :-0
    about it?

    Messy

    "Tony" wrote:

    >For Outlook 2002 or xp post sp2 It requires a registry change:
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default...23120121120120
    >
    >Follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor:
    >1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    >2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\O utlook\Security
    >
    >3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    >4. Type SharedFolderScript, and then press ENTER.
    >5. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
    >6. Type 1, and then click OK.
    >

    >"David Messenger" wrote:
    >>
    >>Sue,
    >>
    >>Is this Outlook 2003? If so, have you checked that **Allow script in shared
    >>folders** is ticked? (Tools -- Options -- Other -- Advanced Options)

+ Reply to Thread