Windows Server 2003 SP1? - Veritas

This is a discussion on Windows Server 2003 SP1? - Veritas ; I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5 available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with Windows Server 2003 SP1. Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability? (Also I ...

  1. Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5
    available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with
    Windows Server 2003 SP1.

    Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?

    (Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)

    No info on server OS compatability there either.....

    JT

  2. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    I haven't seen or heard anything about Win2003 sp1 compatibility with sp5,
    but I heard that v6 is coming out as early as next week (from a reliable
    source).

    "Jan-Thore Solem" wrote:
    >I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5
    >available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with

    >Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    >
    >Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?
    >

    >(Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    >http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)
    >
    >No info on server OS compatability there either.....
    >
    >JT

  3. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    Windows SP1 is not supported, see this article:

    http://support.veritas.com/docs/276196

    "Jan-Thore Solem" wrote:
    >I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5
    >available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with

    >Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    >
    >Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?
    >

    >(Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    >http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)
    >
    >No info on server OS compatability there either.....
    >
    >JT

  4. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    Thanks Sue,

    Can your reliable source say anything about SP1 compatability in EV 6.0?

    We are looking forward to Exchange 2003 SP2 (for it's mobility features),
    and I am concerned that it will need Windows 2003 SP1 to install.
    Frankly I'm worried about the responsiveness of Veritas/Symantec to these
    issues, after all SP1 has been out for several months already.....

    JT

    "Sue Moss" wrote in message news:42cae89d@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > I haven't seen or heard anything about Win2003 sp1 compatibility with sp5,
    > but I heard that v6 is coming out as early as next week (from a reliable
    > source).
    >

    > "Jan-Thore Solem" wrote:
    >>I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5
    >>available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with

    >>Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    >>
    >>Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?
    >>

    >>(Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    >>http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)
    >>
    >>No info on server OS compatability there either.....
    >>
    >>JT

  5. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    Thanks for the info. I didn't know about SP5 even though I'm subscribed to
    the Veritas email alerts! I'm just installing it now...

    I'm also interested in Win 2K3 SP1 support and have heard nothing...

    Will existing customers with support contracts be able to upgrade to v6 for
    free?

    "Jan-Thore Solem" wrote in message
    >I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5
    >available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with
    >Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    >
    > Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?
    >

    > (Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    > http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)
    >
    > No info on server OS compatability there either.....
    >
    > JT

  6. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    EV SP5 doesn't fix the issues with Win 2003 SP1 but I believe a fix is imminent
    -- so that'll be SP6 then :-)

    I've a whole load of Windows 2003 pre-SP1 hotfixes I need to test and I've
    an inkling some of these may not work too well with EV either. I'd reccomend
    thorough testing of any of these before you put them on a live server.

    I don't think notofications about SP5 went out to everyone. The KVS list
    server has fallen over half way through a run before though...

  7. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    Windows 2003 SP1 is not supported and won't be supported probably until Sept.

    This link is the technote of Veritas' official stance on 2003 SP1.
    Any pre SP1 hotfix should be fine as long as it doesn't modify DCOM.

    "Paul Daley" wrote:
    >Thanks for the info. I didn't know about SP5 even though I'm subscribed

    >the Veritas email alerts! I'm just installing it now...
    >
    >I'm also interested in Win 2K3 SP1 support and have heard nothing...
    >
    >Will existing customers with support contracts be able to upgrade to v6

    for
    >free?
    >

    >"Jan-Thore Solem" wrote in message
    >>I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5

    >>available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with

    >>Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    >>
    >> Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?
    >>

    >> (Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    >> http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)
    >>
    >> No info on server OS compatability there either.....
    >>
    >> JT

  8. Re: Windows Server 2003 SP1?

    It's promised for earlier than that but I'm not holding my breath.

    There is a pre-SP1 hotfix that modified DCOM permissions I believe.

    "Jason" wrote:

    >Windows 2003 SP1 is not supported and won't be supported probably until

    Sept.

    >This link is the technote of Veritas' official stance on 2003 SP1.
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276196.htm
    >Any pre SP1 hotfix should be fine as long as it doesn't modify DCOM.
    >

    >"Paul Daley" wrote:
    >>Thanks for the info. I didn't know about SP5 even though I'm subscribed

    >>the Veritas email alerts! I'm just installing it now...
    >>
    >>I'm also interested in Win 2K3 SP1 support and have heard nothing...
    >>
    >>Will existing customers with support contracts be able to upgrade to v6

    >for
    >>free?
    >>

    >>"Jan-Thore Solem" wrote in message
    >>>I just noticed that there is a new Enterprise Vault 5.0 Service Pack 5

    >>>available, but I cannot find any information regarding compatability with

    >>>Windows Server 2003 SP1.
    >>>
    >>> Did anyone of you find any info regarding SP1 compatability?
    >>>

    >>> (Also I just found some info on the new version EV 6.0 coming this fall:
    >>> http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?...=322&psId=9310)
    >>>
    >>> No info on server OS compatability there either.....
    >>>
    >>> JT

+ Reply to Thread