enable mailbox via EVPM - Veritas

This is a discussion on enable mailbox via EVPM - Veritas ; Hello, This time I have a small evpm problem. I want to enable mailboxen on different vaultstore. But as I have ~18000 users I thought hat EVPM. When I do it for test mailboxes via the vault console it works ...

  1. enable mailbox via EVPM

    Hello,
    This time I have a small evpm problem.
    I want to enable mailboxen on different vaultstore. But as I have ~18000
    users I thought hat EVPM.
    When I do it for test mailboxes via the vault console it works without problems,
    unfortunatela when I try to do the same via EVPM I get an error message :"
    Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    Parsing input file: c:\evpm\enable.ini
    Processing input file
    Processing mailbox: /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    Enabling Mailbox and creating a new Archive
    Error - Whilst processing mailbox with : /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    "
    My ini file is :
    "[Directory]
    DirectoryComputerName = DTARCHIVE
    SiteName = DTArchive

    [Mailbox]
    DistinguishedName=/o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2

    [Folder]
    Name= mailboxroot
    Enabled= true
    FilterName= SystemDefault
    RetentionCategory= Business
    "
    There is no name for the vaultstore because I tought that this was the problem
    but even like that it doesn't work.
    Can someone help me ? I'm tankfull for any help

  2. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    "minkamau" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >This time I have a small evpm problem.
    >I want to enable mailboxen on different vaultstore. But as I have ~18000
    >users I thought hat EVPM.
    >When I do it for test mailboxes via the vault console it works without problems,
    >unfortunatela when I try to do the same via EVPM I get an error message

    :"
    >Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    >Parsing input file: c:\evpm\enable.ini
    >Processing input file
    >Processing mailbox: /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >Enabling Mailbox and creating a new Archive
    >Error - Whilst processing mailbox with : /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >"
    >My ini file is :
    >"[Directory]
    >DirectoryComputerName = DTARCHIVE
    >SiteName = DTArchive
    >
    >[Mailbox]
    >DistinguishedName=/o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >
    >[Folder]
    >Name= mailboxroot
    >Enabled= true
    >FilterName= SystemDefault
    >RetentionCategory= Business
    >"
    >There is no name for the vaultstore because I tought that this was the problem
    >but even like that it doesn't work.
    >Can someone help me ? I'm tankfull for any help

    What version of EV? Last I heard EVPM in SP4 didn't work and the SP3 version
    needed to be used (just copy the .exe). This was for a dfiferent issue that
    we had though (didn't write the hidden message to the mailbox properly so
    auto archiving failed). As with all EV MAPI errors have you tried connecting
    from the server to the mailbox using Outlook?

  3. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    "David Messenger" wrote:

    >"minkamau" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>This time I have a small evpm problem.
    >>I want to enable mailboxen on different vaultstore. But as I have ~18000
    >>users I thought hat EVPM.
    >>When I do it for test mailboxes via the vault console it works without

    problems,
    >>unfortunatela when I try to do the same via EVPM I get an error message

    >:"
    >>Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    >>Parsing input file: c:\evpm\enable.ini
    >>Processing input file
    >>Processing mailbox: /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>Enabling Mailbox and creating a new Archive
    >>Error - Whilst processing mailbox with : /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>"
    >>My ini file is :
    >>"[Directory]
    >>DirectoryComputerName = DTARCHIVE
    >>SiteName = DTArchive
    >>
    >>[Mailbox]
    >>DistinguishedName=/o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>
    >>[Folder]
    >>Name= mailboxroot
    >>Enabled= true
    >>FilterName= SystemDefault
    >>RetentionCategory= Business
    >>"
    >>There is no name for the vaultstore because I tought that this was the

    problem
    >>but even like that it doesn't work.
    >>Can someone help me ? I'm tankfull for any help

    >What version of EV? Last I heard EVPM in SP4 didn't work and the SP3 version
    >needed to be used (just copy the .exe). This was for a dfiferent issue

    that
    >we had though (didn't write the hidden message to the mailbox properly so
    >auto archiving failed). As with all EV MAPI errors have you tried connecting
    >from the server to the mailbox using Outlook?

    A basic thing also, when you run the EVPM script the account that runs it
    will need specific access to update AD etc so if you use a service account
    to run all the EV services you might to try and logon as that account or
    do a runas to use the EVPM script. As an aside, we use the scheduler to enable
    accounts, we run an EVPm script every day and it runs under the service account
    id, we use an LDAP query to pick up on a custom attribute, if the mailbox
    is already enabled then it skips and any new ones are enabled (and get the
    enabled message)

    Glenn

  4. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    "David Messenger" wrote:

    >"minkamau" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>This time I have a small evpm problem.
    >>I want to enable mailboxen on different vaultstore. But as I have ~18000
    >>users I thought hat EVPM.
    >>When I do it for test mailboxes via the vault console it works without

    problems,
    >>unfortunatela when I try to do the same via EVPM I get an error message

    >:"
    >>Creating privileged MAPI session ...
    >>Parsing input file: c:\evpm\enable.ini
    >>Processing input file
    >>Processing mailbox: /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>Enabling Mailbox and creating a new Archive
    >>Error - Whilst processing mailbox with : /o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>"
    >>My ini file is :
    >>"[Directory]
    >>DirectoryComputerName = DTARCHIVE
    >>SiteName = DTArchive
    >>
    >>[Mailbox]
    >>DistinguishedName=/o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>
    >>[Folder]
    >>Name= mailboxroot
    >>Enabled= true
    >>FilterName= SystemDefault
    >>RetentionCategory= Business
    >>"
    >>There is no name for the vaultstore because I tought that this was the

    problem
    >>but even like that it doesn't work.
    >>Can someone help me ? I'm tankfull for any help

    >What version of EV? Last I heard EVPM in SP4 didn't work and the SP3 version
    >needed to be used (just copy the .exe). This was for a dfiferent issue

    that
    >we had though (didn't write the hidden message to the mailbox properly so
    >auto archiving failed). As with all EV MAPI errors have you tried connecting
    >from the server to the mailbox using Outlook?

    Hello I use KVS 5 SP5 and I hve no problem to connect to the mailbox via
    outlook. I also have no problem to create a folder in the mailbox via EVPM
    I just have problems to enable it.
    Thanks

  5. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    On the EV server: - Open Outlook. Create a new message. Paste o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    into the "To" field. Press ctrl-k. Does the DN resolve properly?

  6. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    "David Messenger" wrote:

    >On the EV server: - Open Outlook. Create a new message. Paste o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >into the "To" field. Press ctrl-k. Does the DN resolve properly?

    Hello,
    I just tried and the mailbox name for KVStest2 and KVAvault ( my technical
    mailbox for kvs) are both reolved correctly in outlook
    thanks

  7. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    Hi,

    Right thats confused me.

    Are you saying this works ok now or are you saying your DN is amiguous (gives
    you a choice of >1 mailbox when you ctrl-k?).

    If it's the latter then change the alias on one of the mailboxes.

    Messy
    "minkamau" wrote:

    >"David Messenger" wrote:
    >>
    >>On the EV server: - Open Outlook. Create a new message. Paste o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>into the "To" field. Press ctrl-k. Does the DN resolve properly?

    >Hello,
    >I just tried and the mailbox name for KVStest2 and KVAvault ( my technical
    >mailbox for kvs) are both reolved correctly in outlook
    >thanks

  8. Re: enable mailbox via EVPM

    "Messy" <1@2.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Right thats confused me.
    >
    >Are you saying this works ok now or are you saying your DN is amiguous (gives
    >you a choice of >1 mailbox when you ctrl-k?).
    >
    >If it's the latter then change the alias on one of the mailboxes.
    >

    >Messy
    >"minkamau" wrote:
    >>
    >>"David Messenger" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>On the EV server: - Open Outlook. Create a new message. Paste o=ETHZT/ou=VMWARE/cn=Recipients/cn=kvstest2
    >>>into the "To" field. Press ctrl-k. Does the DN resolve properly?

    >>Hello,
    >>I just tried and the mailbox name for KVStest2 and KVAvault ( my technical
    >>mailbox for kvs) are both reolved correctly in outlook
    >>thanks

    Hello,
    Thanks to all of you,.
    I spoke with the symantec support and it seems to be a prtoblem with the
    sp5.
    They are now letting escalate my request.
    Minkamau

+ Reply to Thread