How to know the default retention settings of all mailboxes - Veritas

This is a discussion on How to know the default retention settings of all mailboxes - Veritas ; Is there any way to figure it out?...

  1. How to know the default retention settings of all mailboxes

    Is there any way to figure it out?

  2. Re: How to know the default retention settings of all mailboxes

    Andrew,

    This looks like a very good question. I *think* default rentention must
    be set by KVS within the traget mailbox at enablement as a "fire and forget".

    As you can set different default retention category for different Outlook
    folders within the same mailbox then this would seem to be the only way it
    can work. Assuming you don't do this then the only way I can think of to
    read the default retnetion for mailbox root would be to open each mailbox
    in turn and read the data. It's totally feasible to automate that but you'd
    need to get your hands dirty with MAPI and/or CDO code. Don't know if you
    fancy doing that.

    Can you give more detail what you are after please?

+ Reply to Thread