EV can't see some mailboxes - Veritas

This is a discussion on EV can't see some mailboxes - Veritas ; I have created a new user and enable his mailbox, EV detected it instantly, and I was thus able to enable it for archiving. However, there are some mailboxes which have been on Exchange server for quite some time and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: EV can't see some mailboxes

  1. EV can't see some mailboxes


    I have created a new user and enable his mailbox, EV detected it instantly,
    and I was thus able to enable it for archiving. However, there are some mailboxes
    which have been on Exchange server for quite some time and EV can't see it
    in the Enable Mailbox window. Have already done the synchronization. Can
    anybody assist ? Thanks

  2. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes

    Is it hidden? Is it viewable in GAL ?

    "martin" wrote in message
    news:42c8b813@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >
    > I have created a new user and enable his mailbox, EV detected it
    > instantly,
    > and I was thus able to enable it for archiving. However, there are some
    > mailboxes
    > which have been on Exchange server for quite some time and EV can't see it
    > in the Enable Mailbox window. Have already done the synchronization. Can
    > anybody assist ? Thanks




  3. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes


    It is visible in the GAL


    "Andrew" wrote:
    >Is it hidden? Is it viewable in GAL ?
    >
    >"martin" wrote in message
    >news:42c8b813@ROSASTDMZ05....
    >>
    >> I have created a new user and enable his mailbox, EV detected it
    >> instantly,
    >> and I was thus able to enable it for archiving. However, there are some


    >> mailboxes
    >> which have been on Exchange server for quite some time and EV can't see

    it
    >> in the Enable Mailbox window. Have already done the synchronization. Can
    >> anybody assist ? Thanks

    >
    >



  4. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes


    What version of Exchange? What version of EV?


  5. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes

    Exchange 2003
    EV 5

    David Messenger wrote:
    > What version of Exchange? What version of EV?
    >


  6. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes


    Hi Martin,

    As it's Exchange 2003 KVS will be looking at the AD. Is there anything different
    about the mailboxes it can't see from thos it can? (in a different OU perhaps?)

  7. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes

    Does it matter if the client is in a different domain
    from the vault server ?

    David wrote:
    > Hi Martin,
    >
    > As it's Exchange 2003 KVS will be looking at the AD. Is there anything different
    > about the mailboxes it can't see from thos it can? (in a different OU perhaps?)


  8. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes


    Martin,

    it's nothing to do with the Client. Your EV server is looking at the AD
    to figure out what mailboxes are out there and what Exchange servers they
    are on. It seems likely therefore that if EV can "see" some mailboxes and
    not others then there is something different about the set of accounts it
    can't see from one's that it can (for example being in a different AD OU
    that the EV service account has no permissions for). Difficult to say but
    you should definately cross this off the list of possible causes.

    David


    martin wrote:
    >Does it matter if the client is in a different domain
    >from the vault server ?
    >
    >David wrote:
    >> Hi Martin,
    >>
    >> As it's Exchange 2003 KVS will be looking at the AD. Is there anything

    different
    >> about the mailboxes it can't see from thos it can? (in a different OU

    perhaps?)


  9. Re: EV can't see some mailboxes


    How do I enable mailboxes in a different domain to see Enterprise Vault Servers
    ?
    Or do I need an Enterprise Vault Servers in each domain ?


    "David" <1@2.com> wrote:
    >
    >Martin,
    >
    >it's nothing to do with the Client. Your EV server is looking at the AD
    >to figure out what mailboxes are out there and what Exchange servers they
    >are on. It seems likely therefore that if EV can "see" some mailboxes

    and
    >not others then there is something different about the set of accounts it
    >can't see from one's that it can (for example being in a different AD OU
    >that the EV service account has no permissions for). Difficult to say

    but
    >you should definately cross this off the list of possible causes.
    >
    >David
    >
    >
    >martin wrote:
    >>Does it matter if the client is in a different domain
    >>from the vault server ?
    >>
    >>David wrote:
    >>> Hi Martin,
    >>>
    >>> As it's Exchange 2003 KVS will be looking at the AD. Is there anything

    >different
    >>> about the mailboxes it can't see from thos it can? (in a different OU

    >perhaps?)
    >



+ Reply to Thread