I have some users with several PST files. The PSTs are organized by matter
(rather than by date). So, I might have for a single user :

PST1: Project A
Legal
Contracts
HR

PST2: ProjectB
Legal
Information Technology
Agreements

and so on.

When I import these PSTs, I choose the "separate" rather than the "merged"
option. Then, when I go to archive explorer for that user, I see:

Mailbox Root (user name)
Project A
Legal
Contracts
HR

ProjectB
Legal
Information Technology
Agreements

Which is of course what I want.

Here's the problem - the system still retains the original PST folder name
in the message somehow. For example, when I search for a message that was
in PST1: Project A\Legal, I find the message. But when it tells me which
folder it was in (in the search results), it just says "Legal". If I restore
the item to the mailbox, it puts it in the folder "Legal" (not Project A\Legal,
where it shows correctly in archive explorer). Worst, if I export the PST
(by right clicking the "Archives" node and then "export") I get a PST with
the following structure:

PST:
Legal
Contracts
HR
Information Technology
Agreements

And I have no way of knowing which "Project" the item originally came from.

Is this a bug, or is it a "feature"?

Has anyone run into this before?

Stephen Milano
stephen.milano@gimmal.com