No shortcut - Veritas

This is a discussion on No shortcut - Veritas ; Hello, For backup place purpose it is planned to archive all mails older than 10 days but they should still be available for the user to modify during one year. Does anybody have an idea how I can do that ...

  1. No shortcut

    Hello,
    For backup place purpose it is planned to archive all mails older than 10
    days but they should still be available for the user to modify during one
    year.
    Does anybody have an idea how I can do that ?
    Is ist possible to archive a mail without modifying is message class,without
    creating shortcut and without deleting it.
    Thanks

  2. Re: No shortcut

    I think this is quite easy. You can archive messages after 10 days, and deselect
    both the "create shortcut" and the "delete original item" options. I've
    just done this, and it archives without deleting or shortcutting.

    The second part of your problem is how to delete items that are older than
    one year. I think you will have to use Exchange or third party tools to
    delete inactive messages after their inactivity period has expired. I don't
    think you can use EV to help you with this (if you were using Shortcuts you
    could).

    However, I'm not so sure this is a good idea. If you need to "modify" something
    you can certainly open it from the vault, forward or restore it and then
    modify it. Really, the result is no different than if you archived the message
    (and left it in the mailbox), and then modified the message in the exchange
    mailbox. 10 days after modifying the message you would have both the original
    AND the modified version in the archive in either scenario. You'll just
    be taking up more space on your Exchange server with your scenario ;-)

    "minkamau" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >For backup place purpose it is planned to archive all mails older than 10
    >days but they should still be available for the user to modify during one
    >year.
    >Does anybody have an idea how I can do that ?
    >Is ist possible to archive a mail without modifying is message class,without
    >creating shortcut and without deleting it.
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread